Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

good headphones?

findit

anybody recommend good headphones, maybe couple different brands that
work well with tesoro. Also that don't cost as much as the machine does

I love the Ratphones. I have them and they work excellently. They are by far the best headphones I have ever found for comfort, quality and sound quality.

Tesoro recommended Vanco, 32 ohm. Don't get less than 32 ohm for sound quality, 8 ohm phones don't have a crisp sound. Vanco is not expensive, not heavy. Try ebay. Just as good sound as the 150 ohm Killer-B Hornet phones I bought for about $89, too heavy. Another is Calrad 32 ohm phones from some dealers, about $35.

I have Whites, a freind has Vanco. Parts are exactly the same, except Vanco has a thicker coiled cord. My Whites cord stretched from its' own weight. Same sound quality.

I would think they are implying minimum 32 ohms. Stereo 32 ohm phones would end up as 16 ohm phones.
Tesoro machines are 150 ohm output impedance. You get less volume as you move away up or down from 150 ohm headphones (300 ohm speakers).
After that, you want good frequency response.

I ordered a pair of RatPhones with single volume control, limiter, and cutout switch for the limiter. After researching all of the manufacturers' specks on their individual products, I realized that RatPhones are the best quality. DetectUSA builds their phones to MilSpec quality without cheap parts. Go to their website and read the technical specifications for yourselves.

I am not affiliated with DetectUSA except for being one of their newest customers.