Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

good fishin

shakerdave

Hi gang got back today from a three day trip dident go M/d but we went to a nice lake and canoe fished for trout, they wernt biteing, but the skeeters were! There were about six teenage native boys camping next to us that kept the leftovers from cluttering the camper fridge!:lol: I think they wetre counting on fish for eats. We moved to the Kasilof river and dip netted for Red , Sockeye Samon we got twenty nice bright ones and my friends all went home with fish, God blessed us again, hes soo awesom. It got so cool last night about sundown 12 oclock or so we had to build a fire to get warm. Well I got em all fileted up and Ill will put a bunch in the smoker soon yumm. End of Alaskan fish tales for now. ShakerDave

Hey Dave,

I heard the skeeter is the state bird of Alaska... is that true? :lol:

Whoa, 20 salmon??? How big? I'd love to do some fly fishin' up there!!! The cruise in August offers it as an excursion package but it's a crazy amount of money. Some other time :)

Have a great 4th!

I really enjoyed it and sounds like you guys had a great time. I love fish to begin with but have fished in a long time. Got tired of buying license year after year and only going out once or finding one can't eat the fish because or mercury or e. coli bacteria in the water.

Miss fishing though. But on the plus side I love detecting - but can't eat what I find or bring home :lol:

Oh Ya!
Enjoy!
God bless,
MM

Yup we brought twenty home they average 6 to eight pounds each. They were kind of small in this run but bright silver just off the sea nice dark red meat real nice. The next run around the end of the mo. will have bigger fish around ten twelve pounds each. Were allowed 35 more fish on my dip net permit prob go again.:clapping: We put on chest waders and dip with a long pole and a 4or 5 foot hoop with net in it its a blast. When ther running good they hit our legs thump and you do the dance backing up thinking there closer to shore there all over then tho 20 thousand a day going up the river. There are lots of skeeters in places here worst around Fairbanks the spray works well on EM the biteing flys are another story they consider the spray a garnish.:starwars: Stay in touch amd after I smoke some pole caught ones Ill send Ya some Dipped ones are for personal use only.

Ill bet it is HOt there where do you live in Az? I have been day dreaming of going down there and MD at stanton or somewhere in our seven MO. winter! Any sugestons is Rich hill staked and hammered?

We did have a good time we had a huge camp and we brought our three weelers and fished for hours till 1 in the morning each night up at nine hit it again a shame you cant eat your fish we are acully kind of tired of EM my kids eat smoked right up. We get alot of Halibit also my wife likes it. I love to MD more than fishin but my friends like to fish you can eat what you find after you go to the gold buyer:cry: With the prices up here youd think food was gold 6 dollars a gallon for milk. Ill send ya a sample after I smoke some pole caught.

n/t

Dave - The winters are really great here - about 9 months of shirt sleeve weather. However, today was our 22 nd consecutive day over 100 degrees :( Got to pay the piper I guess.

I live in Tucson - about 70 miles from Mexico and the drug capitol. 2 border agents were shot there yesterday pursuing drug people.
Anyway - I dont get to Rich Hill or Stanton so dont know - they are about 5 hours away. There's a couple detecting and gold clubs in phoenix that have huge memberships. I imagine they go to nearby rich Hill & Stanton. Steve in so az

you cant ever pick on me for my spelling again though!!!!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
Can you say spell check??? I can't
Greg

Sorry about my reply to your post. I didnt read close enough and thought it was posted by Steve in So az. not you. He picks on me as I cant spell worth a hoot!!!
once again sorry, my bad
Greg from Mi.

I cant spell at all yaall had to pay to get papers done in collage! Ill just keep on pecking and asking my 14 year old how to spell spellcheque?

Took some with the 35mm dont have a new fangled digital after we get it processed Ill try to get some scaned into postables. Dont know how but we have a photo shop in town.

n/t