Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

good day?

If I'm out swinging....and not working...anything is good to find!...Maybe one silver, one indian and any other older coin would be nice....

Any silver or gold is automatically a good day. 1800s coin is automatic too. Maybe 100 clad coins is a good day. Sometimes I don't think so, though. 200 clad coins for sure. Any day detecting in January or February is automatically good where I live too.

Unfair not to answer your own question.

Chris

Whatever makes you happy, not everyone else. It's a hobby and it is meant to be enjoyed. Sometimes it's not even the finds, but the friends and location or item returned that gives one great satisfaction. :)

i do it just to get out and unwind.i come on here and im like it would be cool to find some stuff like you all find.

[attachment 133242 finds.JPG]
Went out today and all I found was rusty nails . But check out this old ghost town from 1908 !! This is a good day !!! :super:

Keep practicing and eventually your finds will increase. It took me 6 months to hit 100 coins in one day. I was pretty good the last few years but after getting a Pro-Pointer late last year I am finding lots more because my recovery time has gotten so quick with it. Try some different sites too. When you become more skilled, return to where you began and you may find there was more there than you thought.

Like John said, enjoy yourself.

Good luck!

Chris

Anything that gives you that heart race for the moment is a good day and anything you think is a good find makes it a good day. Just doing research on a location and then detecting the site and finding something old even if it is trash is a good day. It is all in how you look at things.

Don

A good day to me is when I find more than 1 coin! ANy date or denomination. I don't care as long as I don't get skunked. While I think it would be fun to find 100 plus coins a day. I think that is way to much digging for me. My body screams after I dig 50 to 75 targets. I dig everything because you never know what may be under that rusty nail or pop top. To each his own though. It's what you want out of it. Just getting out is a good day. Have fun and don't worry so much about numbers. They will come I am sure!! Happy hunting!!:detecting:

okay i went out today and found 13 cents,i have a pile of money i have found over the last year.how do you know what is silver and whats not.where can i go to learn what money is worth what.i drove 30 minutes today and found 13 cents,thats not good in my book.

Buy a Red Book. Real name "A Guide Book of United Staes Coins." The US stopped using silver dimes and quarters in 1964. Halves in 1970. Nickels were partially silver from 1942-1945. In 1942 some nickels were minted in nickel.

Your day did suck. Think of a better spot for your next hunt. Try an Elementary School. Lots of little tykes losing lots of coins. Not usually too good for jewelry, though.

Chris

You can also try this website. I like it !! Good luck!! http://coins.ha.com/info/typevalues.php?Denom=Five%20Cent%20#List