Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gone to 'DEER CAMP'....for several days---pics , are years pasts

butch...ar

[attachment 10659 deer7p.jpg]Well, it has as usual been a chore to stock in provisons for 27 guys from all walks of life and several states. One guy even comes from Oregon each year for a week in Southern Rkinsaw, a place where he got his roots!

It has taken me 3 trips with groceries,staples and have spent over $600.00. Monday, another hunter helped me and we butchered a 400 pound hog for fresh pork chops and make our on sausages and fresh bacon.[attachment 10660 deer.jpg]

30 dozen eggs,5 cases of bisquits,15 pounds of coffee,25 loves of bread,24 rolls of paper towels,and 500 foam, 3 compartment dinner trays.lots of other, jams,peanut butter,sorghum molasses and honey along with dry beans and 40 pounds of other canned beans,peas, cabbage along with 240 pounds of red potatoes......[attachment 10661 loadingthehounds.jpg]

now, u see why it took me 3 trips to get the camp stocked up for the next 7 to 9 days. I am the only one retired and without a full time job, so I get the joy of making sure the camp each year comes together by friday night before season opens on saturday morning at first light.
[attachment 10662 camplife3.jpg]
yes, wayner, I did not forget the angel soft and charmin to the tune of 48 rolls. along with assortment of aspirins for headaches and tums antiacid for my high refluxes of cooking skills.

Today, I am smoking a beef brisket, having baked beans and a huge cole slaw salad with banna puddin for desert, for them a hot meal as they arrive at camp from thier homes scattered all over america.[attachment 10663 camptruck.jpg]

As dry as it has been in rkinsaw this summer, our dug well, the foot valve is just barely in the water, so that means there will be no "HOT SHOWERS", for anyone this year, I will just by midweek herd them all like a bunch of cows down to one of the creeks and shove each one of them off into the cold,cold water.

pics, are just some collections of years gone bye.

Yes, Royal there is some crown there and even beer which I like on occasion, but to run a ship like this,this captain does not allow it inside the camp building, just outside and 'NO' attitudes, if they crop an attitude, they are sent home immediately and thier membership is filled from a waiting list. This, usually keeps things in order on it's own merits![attachment 10667 finishedstand.jpg]

one of the main goals of deer camp is "NO WOMEN" allowed, none ,zip,nada----at night when the lights go out, it is snoring, musical notes form the white beans and the truth is not in a one of them, including me!

see yah, butch...ar

take lots of pictures! I love the pictures. Nice deer you got there!!

do get to come. Heck, my daughter killed an eight point and a six point last year. She loves to hunt and I go just to fish on the pond from time to time. However, I do not go on opening day. I heard on the news that there will be close to 300,000 hunters in Arkansas alone this first week of the season. Be careful!

That's nice of you to do all the hard work! It is good to have some organization. If our guys drink, which they do, it is a rule to drink around the main fire ring outside. They do not drink while hunting and that is a good thing for sure. Drinking and guns do not mix!

We have a main camp kitchen and living area with a bunk house that will sleep about 14 people, but the really active members have their own small cabins, or campers. For the most part they are a good bunch, but when dinners over and the BS starts getting a bit out of control, I retreat to my "house". There are always a few who feel they have to be nasty talking and a bit obnoxious, but that's just the way it is! Have fun!

:) Sunny

Sainthood!
That is an interesting look into the logistics involved, which i remember well. Do save any new jokes you hear for us huh?:biggrin:
How Do you manage to cool and age your meat in the warm temperatures? I assume that you also have a ton of onions for fresh liver:thumbup: when we invited a new guy to our camp and he did not bring onions, we knew he may not "fit in":stars::lol:
As Bob Hope sang when he saw "Dolly" in the audience.......
Thanks for the "mammaries":rofl:
Wayner

n/t

I was out to sea so I missed deer season in October this year in Washington. I was hopeing to catch the late Nov. buck season but alas I have to go back out to work Monday. Nice buck and good luck this season.

n/t

n/t

Looking forward to this year's story. Thanks for sharing. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

R ya huntin or cookin???

Lookin good!

at the same time. If you are hunting, tho, you are supposed to be quiet and I bet Butchie Boy has a hard time with that!! :rofl: