Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

goldquest ss vs goldquest ss v.2

uk ninjafox

Hi all, just wanted to no if the GQ SS V2 is much better or a bit better that the ss model, is it deeper ?.

Also is it posible to fit an inline probe to the GQ,
Thank for any help...

Hi Ninjafox,

There isn't that much difference between the GQ SS and the GQ SS V2 in terms of sensitivity. There were a few small changes made but nothing dramatic along those lines.

The difference between the two is the V2 coil is wired differently and will allow the use of DD coils (an adapter is required). Also, the V2 has a double filter that does help with ground signals. On the V2 model, you can use ML coils if you use an adapter. Now, you could change the connector on the unit to the ML type connector and eliminate the need for the adapter.

So, the V2 works better for use in the gold fields than the original GQ SS.

As for adding a probe, this can be done but would require some wiring, another connector and a switch. It may need a resistor also. One would have to try it to see.

Now, you could change the connector on the probe and switch from the coil to the probe by switching at the connector. So, there are different ways this can be done.

No, you can't connect and operate with both the probe and the coil at the same time. You have to switch between the two.

Reg

Thanks for that Reg,

You have been very helpfull, i was looking at the Sun Ray probe, could it be used with the right connectors or may be hard wired in.
I no someone whos selling a GQ SS, and i would just love to have a probe on it. Thanks again..

I built a probe for my SSV.2 with a toggle sw for coil or probe. It works very well. If I can't find an object with my vibra --probe, I turn on my inline and it will. Its much more sensitive and deeper. Sandmagnet