Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldfield finds

CliffHanger

I'd like to know what these things are. All found in the foothills of the Northern Calif. gold country.
The first photo (I don't know if it will be the first or last of the photos) is a worn piece of heavy metal. The inside of the hole is surrounded by steel.
The second photo is a split piece of metal pipe that had what appears to be metal or concrete inside.
Third photo is like a melted rock with melted metal inside.
Fourth and fifth photos are a small knife that is flat on one side it is just over 4 inches long. The top part seems to be missing something. Perhaps a stone or a seal.
The last photo is of some of the other gold field finds I de-rusted such as and old pick head, tobacco can with lid, chisel, old table knife, a very old key that is inside the horse shoe next to the mule shoe, and old Brazil silver spoon, a harmonica read plate and what I think are two different types of broken drill bits. Any info on any of this will be appreciated.
[attachment 17788 HeavyRod.JPG][attachment 17789 StuffInTube.JPG][attachment 17790 MeltRock.JPG][attachment 17791 Knife.JPG][attachment 17792 KnifeTop.JPG][attachment 17793 Artifacts.JPG]

Would your 3rd picture be melted lead? One of my friends found something similar to what you found. He thought someone had melted lead to make bullets or something and dumped the melted lead on the ground and it hardened into that shape.

Hello and thanks for your input. The material is much lighter than lead. A small amount of metal was melted in another substance!?