Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Switch turned ON today!!

stpauli914

I just knew after yesterdays hunt that there were some good targets to be had. Hit at the crack of dawn this morning and really put my head down! First target was a junk bracelet. That got me going even if it was junk, I was thinking JEWELRY!! After a few really green coins I got a whisper of a signal that I could only pick up every 2 or 3 sweeps. took out a scoop and it was stronger, but a bit broken. I am immediatly thinking deep bottlecap as is mostly the case with these types of signals. Another scoop, still in the hole, but signal is now sounding a little better...hmmmmm. 3rd scoop, its out. Kick the pile and the sweet sight of gold appears!!! Boy I wish I had a camera, the sun shining off of it looked soooooo pretty! Small gold band two tone white and yellow gold(explains the broken signal). I didn't see the stamp until I got home it is very worn but 14K!! After that I really slowed down and found quite a few more crusty green coins. Ran into the AT Pro newbie that I met yesterday and showed him the ring. All he had found was a quarter and some trash. I told him to scrub the edge and we parted in different direactions. An hour or so went by with not much to show for it when I got a nice solid signal that really sounded good. 2, 3, 4 scoops wow, gotta be a can or some other large junk. Almost walked but one more scoop and I saw it in the hole. WW2 shell that was VERY DEEP! I see ATPRO headed back toward me scrubbing the edge like I told him. He shows me a couple old greenies and I showed him the shell. We parted and ten feet further in his tracks I get a clean but deep signal. 3 scoops and I pop out the other 14k band! Turn and catch him to show it to him. I dropped it back in the hole at the same depth and had him try and get a reading. Nope. Nothing. I check again with the excal and yup, still a nice clean signal. Parted ways and headed home for a well deserved shower. Heres some pics, enjoy!

010-7.jpg

012-1.jpg

009-5.jpg

003-14.jpg

005-6.jpg

Nice rings! Was it wet salt sand or wrong AT Pro settings that did not permit the ATP to see that ring? Because in my hot ground test garden, my ATP hits harder and deeper than my Excaliburs, including my 12X10 SEF Excal. On land, my ATP hits as hard my CZ! It also goes as deep as my Infinium, which is deeper on gold jewelry at the beach than my Excaliburs.

I wish the ATP worked as well in the salt! It's a fun machine and much faster responding than my Excaliburs. Your post makes me want to do wet salt sand comparisons on a buried gold ring. It would be interesting to see how much depth the ATP looses at my tough beaches? I wish Garrett would refine the ATP line further and produce a salt beach version! The ATB!

Seahunter,

I have no idea how he had it set up. I assume it was probably on basic turn on and go functions since he was a newbie. All I can confirm is that on that beach, at that time, in those conditions, the Excal hit on it and the ATP did not. Ring weighs 4.5 grams of 14kt gold and was arox. 12-15" deep and it did not hit on the ATP.

Aaron

wtg nice loot, i just gotta say thos my atpro works great in the salt water as well as the dry and wet sand too, ive found gold and silver with it too,maybe not as deep as my excalibur 2 1000,but it does do a fine job imho..
hh
john

Do you have a date on the 50 cal shell? A lot here in Lake St Clair were made in 1918. Lake City Armory. You can find the date on the bottom. Great gold!! LOL any gold is great. Glad to see your also a trash collector, instead of toss it out deeper where guys like me play!!!

Scuba,

I just went out to the garage and cleaned up the bottom of the casing. It says "43" and "S L" on it. I think it may be bigger than a 50 CAL. Does the 43 mean 43 Caliber? Sorry I do not know my ammunition other than the standard stuff I put in my .45, .38, and .44 mag :)

Aaron

You have a 50 CAL Machine Gun cartridge made in St. Louis, Missouri in 1943. Right in the middle of WW2. I find a lot made in 1918 the year after the Browning 50 cal was made. I find them in a lake in Michigan near a very old USAF base. Most of mine are made in Lake City in Independance Missouri.

The 43 is the year and its for sure a 50 cal.

http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/50caliber.html