Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold prospecting

BigJim

I will be in Wickenburg, Arizona and I wanted to try my hand at prospecting, but was hoping someone mite be able to give me an ideal as to go
I don

The areas around Rich Hill and the Weaver Mountains are famous for gold, however I understand most of the good sites are claimed by the Lost Dutchman Mining Association as a pay-to-prospect club thing. After talking with some of the locals, I've heard some nice coins and relics have been pulled out of the mining sites around Congress. Don't know if you're into that sort of thing.

The valley between Congress and Rich Hill is pretty heavily claimed, but for iron ore, not gold. I doubt if anyone would care if you detected there but the alluvium is very deep (as much as 300 feet) so the chances of finding any gold are kinda slim, but who knows. Upper Antelope Creek has been known for gold finds, but again you will run into the LDMA claims pretty soon.

I would try any arroyos and canyons I could find that are as close to the LDMA claims as possible but still open. It's best to get a good map and GPS so you know where you are.

There's definitely gold up there. Good luck!!

Marc

Here is a link that might be of use to ya

http://www.az-gold.com/
this guy lives in that area.