Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Jewelry

CA Steve

Since I have not received my (5x10) 18.75 KHz coil and only have the 3 and 7.5KHz coils, what coil and setting would be best for locating gold jewelry at the parks and schools.
Thanks to all in advance

Of the two you currently have, I'd use the 7.5. Theoretically, higher frequencies are better for targets of lower conductivity. (gold). And lower frequencies are better for targets with higher conductivity. (silver and copper). As to what signals to look for..... that is a tough one. If you waved a dozen different size and shaped rings and pieces of gold jewelry under the coil, you may likely get a dozen different TID numbers. My advice would be to make a few tests with jewelry you have and write down those TID numbers. Then set a Pattern that rejects negative notch segments below -4, and accepts positive notch segments. When you are detecting, dig all the known coin signals and anything else with a consistent TID. Especially those numbers that represent what your test targets provided. HH Randy

[size=large]set your unit so it picks up a cigarette pack foil & nickels a lot of good gold rings will read there, foil will sound chattery but i find a ring will give a good solid repeatable sound .. this setting has found me a number of gold rings including white gold..[/size]:detecting:[attachment 64664 MVC-749F.jpg][attachment 64665 MVC-899F.jpg][attachment 64666 BATCHORINGS.jpg]