Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold in Florida????

LX Kid

Does anyone know where there is exposed bedrock in the central Florida area. Looking for possible sluiceing opportunities in Florida. Any placer gold ever been found in Florida? Moved back here from the Blackhills of SD and feeling a little homesick! Thanks

My understanding is that there are no natural occurances in Fl. Just what I read though, not that I know for sure.
Gold in Fl is at the beach isn't it?
Good Luck
Jeff

I think Mel Fisher and his bunch got the lions share of what was there, you would do better beach hunting in Fla. Grubstake

Seems like there's lot's of bedrock in Florida....where do all those sinkholes come from,limestone!......Check out the state dept. of mines/or whatever it's called in Florida..yellow in the carribean area,so who knows...........Dave

Thanks guys! Guess the only gold I'll be able to find is at the beach. "BUT" that's not a bad thing! Thank you Canadians and Yankee snow birds. Ha

My grandad used to find gold and silver Spanish coins around st Augustine Florida , usually he would go after a big blow. he said it stirred up the beach and brought coins up. he detected the out lying Islands too around there. st Augustine is the oldest European city in north America , started by the Spanish in the 1500's . It was their headquarters and banking center for the new world . all the gold ships to pay the troops, workers etc came though the bank at st Augustine. the original fort and bank still stand at st Augustine . with a smaller fort just a bit north of the big one. Its on the intercoastal waterway. also there was a large wooden fort at middleburg Florida, inland from st Augustine, that was later abandoned due to the out break of yellow fever there. It was, I believe supposed to be on a fork on the black creek. the original site was never found but very much known to exist. there are Spanish records of it. I remember my grandfather even being able to get a map from somewhere and a description of where it was supposed to be. good luck hope ya find something.