Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold in Colorado................

Kelley (Texas)

Years ago, probably around 1998 or 1999, a friend told me that you could go to Colorado and easily find gold and become wealthy. He said all that you would have to do is walk in the streams, turn over rocks and find gold nuggets. He discussed this and much more with me about finding gold.

We talked and talked, finally I decided that I would be game for going to Colorado for a week to look for gold. I bought every book that I could find about looking for gold. After viewing a few books, I found that I had trouble grasping what was involved in finding gold. The parts about the different type of rock formations, how gold slid down the bank into the water, how it was heavy and would sink to the bottom of the stream...the short course of becoming a gold hunter was over whelming to me. I figured that the best that I would know to do would be just as he suggested, walk in the streams and turn over rocks.

When the decision to do it was made, we started planning the trip. I asked the normal questions...would there be any snakes under those rocks? Were there any bears or mountain lions in the area? How would we decide what stream to explore? How much money would we need? What about camping gear?

Well, it was decided that we would go in my pickup truck and use my camping gear...not much, just a military pup tent, a few sleeping bags, and a Coleman lantern. He said that he did not have any camping gear and his car needed repairs, so I said that it was OK with me as long as we split expenses...gas, food, and other needed supplies.

A week before we were to embark on our trip to riches, I dropped by his house unexpectedly to pick up some maps that he said that he had. He was not home, but his wife invited me in for a cup of coffee while I waited for him. We chit chatted and then she dropped the bomb shell that doomed the trip...he did not have any money because he had made a down payment on a new tractor. When he arrived, I asked him how he was going to pay for his end of the trip. He told me not to worry that he would pay me back out of his share of the gold that we would find. I said Ed, you still owe me for your half ownership in the bass boat that we bought two years ago, now you expect me to furnish the truck, gas, food and everything else and all you do is go along for the ride? Needless to say, the trip never took place.

What made me think about this was a few minutes ago, I started reading one of those books about gold that I had bought. It lit a fire under me and I started dreaming about going to Colorado one of these days to look for gold...turn rocks over until I find a nugget. Maybe next summer, it is great to dream, makes life more enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

spavined up old cowboys will find some gold.......i guarantee it! Not enough to get rich at all but fun for sure!
Hey, maybe if you come up next year to Mikes, we will leave them guys to chase arrowheads and go get some gold:clapping:
Wayne

Any time buddy..... any time!! :)

calm seas

M

sometimes dreams keep a person motivated to live.i went up around creed colorado and the head waters of the rio grande but didn't see anybody working the streams,creeks or rivers.went on a hike up the mountain behind the camp we were in and saw a place in a stream that looked un-natural,it was kind of an eddy and it looked like someone had used a suction dredge in there some time ago.

i hear they pan and look for gold on the arkansas river around the salida area but i think i read the rafting guides think the river belongs to them.

i wanted to do some looking for gold myself,but everywhere you looked there were posted signs because of mining claims and on top of that my bro-law had all my time scheduled for me riding around in his stinkin' dune buggy that had an ignition problems we were always fiddlin' with.the moral of the story is don't go on vacation with relatives.

i think you would enjoy the scenery fred,and you might get in a little looking for gold too.

burned a few times myself, but it only takes once. Did he ever pay you for the bass boat?

We are taking the kids skiiing at Breckenridge the day after Christmas and will be there for 7 days. Is there any place around there that might have gold? :)

:laugh:

......I'd have done it a long time ago. Gold can certanily be found here but you are not just gonna flip over a rock and have it jump into your satchel. You are gonna have to work the streams and pan or sluce for your finds. But it is still fun to do and nice nuggets can be found, you are just gonna have to work a good bit for it.

I have prospected a couple of times at a claim that a local club owns. I have found gold but not much. If I spent more time at it I would have more but to date I have not.

I must confess that I am totally ignorant when the subject of finding gold is discussed. Most of the books that I read convinced me that it would take lots more work to find gold than just turning over some rocks in a stream bed. Now that I have renewed interest, the books should be easier to understand. Thanks for the input, and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

...went down to the coin shop with $400.00 or so and bought yourself a nice "Double Eagle!" (I KNOW it would not be as much fun, but it would be easier on the knees! Ugh!)

aj

....Mr. X said he would buy my car,I told him I had paid for an add,and have buyers coming.He said it was a done deal.After a month I phoned him he said he would come in a week to pick it up.

A month later I just put another paid add and instantly sold it.Mr X is still an old friend but I do not rely on anything he says.He could have just told me he did no longer need it and the matter over with,instead I had to wait for him to come and pick it up.Doesn't pay to be a nice guy hahaha. ojm

there are hairballs all over the place that will take advantage of a dang fool. Once. I have had it done to me too