Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold ID Numbers for T2?

T2

What type of numbers am I looking for if there are Gold coins in the ground?

Thanks!

HH

Hi!
I know this is late but rather late then never!
The reading on gold coins will vary from 42 (Pure gold) to 95 (gold alloy) Unfortunately there is no magic number it all depends what metals the gold is mixed with. Always dig a 42 I know it is the foil range but unfortunately also gold!
Have fun TT

isn't 95 high for a gold object. i've found large gold rings that read as high as zinc but the only thing i've found that read as high as 90 was silver quarters and the new dollar coins.

Chuck.ky

It all depends on the quality of the gold in the coin, a 9 ct coin will read very high a 24 ct or pure gold will read very low... It all depends on how much silver, bronze and other materials have been mixed in with the gold and they read higher than a pure gold coin.
TT