Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold hunting with the X-Terra 50/70 question

lessthanzero

What would be the difference between the X-Terra 50 and 70, both with the 18.75 coil, for hunting gold? Why would I want the X-Terra 70 with the Prospecting Mode if the X-Terra 50 can operate with the high frequency coil?

There are quite a few differences between the X-50 and X-70. Among them are Auto GB, Auto NC, tracking, beach, narrower notch segments, more "fine" tuning capabilities on the user settings, more audio choices in Coin/Treasure and the favorite of most gold seekers... the Prospecting mode. The Prospecting mode offers an adjustable Iron Mask feature, which allows the X-70 to be more sensitive to small targets in mineralized areas. I won't say you can't find nuggets with the X-50. You can. But the Prospecting mode of the X-70 will serve you well in the highly mineralized soil conditions typically found in "Gold Country". JMHO HH Randy

Digger, thanks for that comparison, it was very informative. I just wasn't sure how much the Prospector Mode brought to the X-Terra 70.

It appears that the prospecting mode is in true all metal mode. Also you can adjust the threshold tone to find the small targets. This is just from what I picked up on the videos.

Just take a look at the FAQFAQ section at the top of these posts. Videos, links to the manuals, X-Terra reviews, TID charts, Prospecting tips, Coil analysis, Detecting tips, settings etc. HH Randy

I'm not computor literate, would someone tell me how to play those videos about the X70? I tried and tried, no luck. Thanks.

in the center of that screen. HH Randy

The 70 would eat the 50 alive when it comes to nugget or specie hunting. Simply put the prospect mode increases your chance tenfold. Also the beauty of the 70 allows you to go from prospect mode to all metal mode simply by the press of a button to check certain targets if required. Why would you do this? There are many reasons, TID can come in very handy and also gets you familiar with certain objects. Prospect mode will also get you that extra bit of depth and more sensitivity you will need when hunting gold, also pinpointing in prospect mode is made easy, I will often pinpoint in prospect mode when locating a coin or target. Besides all of the other features the 70 comes with it really is a step up from the 50.
Cheers!

Because the 70 blows it away. If you got the 50 and then had a go on a 70 you would kick yourself. To me the 50 is only half way there.
Prospecting mode is another world to simple all metal.

Sorry I forgot to add this. Now firstly before I say anything this is not a knock at anyones integrity etc but.........
The video is only good to see what function does what. The techniques on show are , sorry but true, appalling.
Swing it as fast as the video shows and you can kiss 80+ percent of your targets goodbye. For gold it would be worse, 90%.
Swing it that fast over a heavily junked area and you will hear nothing but kaos as the machine registers multiple targets per second and cant lock onto just 1 of them because its not given time to. I actually got sick of people coming up to me and complaining about how rubbish the 70 was when I reckoned it was great and how they hated it. Detector shops even sent them to me. Every single time it was that technique of swinging it too fast over multiple targets. Too, that fast swing was being employed in the goldfields, hey thats what they were shown to do, and mate did it make the 70 howl like a cat with its tail cut off. Show them the right way, completely the opposite of the Vid and "presto" quiet smicko machine.
Every time it was this "well why the %$#@ do they show us the other way then?"
Never had one come back.

Birac, throw it my way, the X50 is a great machine. I got a buddy that has one and he has put so many whuppins on my DFX that I decided to get an Xterra and join him. I got the 70 and have been comparing signals with him. Just about every target that we have compared have been the same depth and VDI number.

the 30, 50 and 70 are pretty much the same when it comes to depth the only difference is the function range being the 30 with the least and the 70 with the most, it mainly depends what your going to be using your terra for. If I wasnt into nugget hunting I probably would have gone with the 50 myself.
Cheers!