Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold coin survey.... please look!!!

HI everyone. Here's what my thoughts are: If I can get everyone who has found a gold coin to tell where it was found, maybe we can develop a pattern and increase our odds of finding them. We all want to find gold!!! I never have and it is one of my long-standing goals.

So, if you have found one please give a brief description of where it was found. I will start a chart and see if a pattern arises. If you belong to other forums maybe you could ask the members there to join here so they could answer the same question.

I know it's a long shot, but can't hurt to try!!! Thanks all, and good luck!!!

I have never found one but my Grandpa found one detecting back in the 70's Location--- Ontonagon County in Upper Michigan

Sure a few keepsake pieces were lost.but their not everywhere.

I'll get the survey started.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,939068

$20: stage stop

$20: at the beach during storm erosion

$10: in a furroughed ag. field, adjacent to a historic site. (can't say more).

$5 same as above, 20 ft. away :)

$5 old town sidewalk removal project

$5 old town urban demolition site, near a china-town district

$5 stadium bleachers demolition project. Bleachers dated to the 1920s, but some earlier stands were there from the 1890s.

$5 at the beach, during storm erosion.

$5 at a historic site (can't say more)

$2.50 at the beach, during storm erosion

$1 in the turf, at a park that dated to the 1880s.

I have found 2, 1/10 oz Panda Bear coins in bezels, 1 with a small 10k chain, at different times and sites. One came from a park tot lot from among the chips and the other from the turf in a park. Good thing both were in bezels. HH jim tn

You gotta put "Gold" in there somewhere..... Fantastic............

Was detecting in Butte Montana and a major rain squall sent me inside an abandoned building to escape. As I was starting to detect again I noticed a flash in a narrow stream of runoff and.... 1905 $5 gold Lib!

Mexican 2 1/2 Peso at the edge of a sidewalk. Lawn mower cut.

Park in an old part of town produced another 1905 $5 at 7". Soil was black and loamy and that gold sure stood out!

1910 Indian $10 in a driveway at 4". Coin was heavily thrashed by gravel compression.

All these were found by the time I was 14 and have not found another one in the succeeding 39 years! (Spoiled dang kid!)

I read an article years ago about a guy who did his research to find out the mostly likely gold coin that metal detectorists found.

It turned out to be a five dollar gold coin. He then got one & airtested it. He found that three modern nickels tightly taped together rang the same as the five dollar gold coin.

In the end of the article he finially found one.

I think it was from an W & E treasures or Lost Treasure magazine.

I'm still looking. I figure if I dig all those signals at sites that date back to at least the early 1900s (1900-1925)... I have a decent chance of finding one.... eventually.

From the land of the Bluenose.....only three gold coins found in this province that I know of...two along a fresh water lake trail and the other in a potatoe patch if that helps!

I found one that may or may not count. It was in a bezel. The bezel is 14K. The coin is a 1909 2 1/2 dollar. I was and remain supremely excited about my best find ever! I never get tired of showing it around either.

Chris

Found in an old park on the third base line of a very old baseball diamond. Solid pull tab signal.

cwilk said:
I found one that may or may not count. It was in a bezel. The bezel is 14K. The coin is a 1909 2 1/2 dollar. I was and remain supremely excited about my best find ever! I never get tired of showing it around either.

Chris

Found in an old park on the third base line of a very old baseball diamond. Solid pull tab signal.

...and we won't get tired of you showing it to us! That is sure a nice "pull tab"!