Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold coin from 1709

frankieboy1959

Found this beauty 2 weeks ago in England. It is a Gold Guinea from Queen Anne who ruled from 1702-1714. Anne gold coins are very rare. It is about the size of a US half dollar. One picture of the obverse was taken with a macro lens, and you can see the one defect own the coin is a scuff mark above the queens portrait. This looks much worse then what you see when you look at the coin with the naked eye, you hardly notice the scuff mark.

Fantastic coin:thumbup: Can you provide some details, a little story and the equipment you used to detect and retrieve it? I know you want to keep the area secret which is fully understandable but a little general background would really make the retrieval even more special!!! Maybe where i.e. North South of England, field find or near a historic area etc;. Again, a super nice gold coin and very rare!!!

1That is the coolest find I've seen. Major congrats from Nebraska (no 1700's gold coins here).

Thanks Mud and Afieldsne.

Very Nice. I hope that someday I can find any kind of gold coin detecting to add my collection. Is a hard club to get into :)

OK Goldstrike. This is an arable field find, i.e. wheat stubble. The area is called Halvergate and is about 15 miles from Great Yarmouth, England. This is in the southeast of England, about 125 miles Northeast of London. This field is about 50 acres. About 2 days before I found my gold coin another gold coin was found in this field, a Celtic gold stater, about 2,000 years old. Also last year a friend of mine found his first ever gold coin in this same field, his coin was a Gold half noble from the 14th century. Obviously this is a pretty good field. There is also 2 churches both from the 12th-14th century about a quarter of a mile away from this field. Also 2 years ago another friend of mine found his first ever gold coin, also 14th century, in a different field about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the field I found this gold coin in. Don't ask me to describe the adrenalin surge I experienced when this beauty popped out of the ground, even though this is the 3rd gold coin I have found, I still almost had a heart attack.

Sorry Goldstrike, I forgot to add I use an XP Deus.

Frankieboy......All I can say is WOW!!! You definitely have a hot spot there and I know the challenge is to get the initial permission from the property owners to detect which you apparently have. Awesome finds and wish you all the best as you find many other treasures.:thumbup:

Super Nice!! Congrats!:clapping:

That is a Fantastic Find. Congratulations.

Arnie check a little further down the thread and check out the pics of the coin I found from 1430-1431.

If you're finding gold, then you must be finding other relics from way back that we never see in the states. Can you post some picks of your other finds from that field?

Thanks GeorgeinSC.