Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to Cincinnati.....

Sandtick

To visit my sister and her husband for a few days. I packed up my detector in case I have some free time.
I've been searching for parks to detect and also if there are any bands against it. It looks like local parks are o.k. but state parks have restrictions.

As a child, our family was on the move a lot and Cincinnati was one of the many cities we lived in. I don't remember much about it but I do know that the state fathers have a different way of thinking than most states surrounding it. In some ways, the state is very conservative and in other ways its extremely liberal. Of all the places I could live, Ohio wouldn't be one of them from a Christian or metal detectorist point of view. Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip there and home again and I hope you can get out to do a little detecting.

n/t

I live a little less than 3 hours away from there.

Had a real nice time visiting my sister and her husband over the weekend. We ended up eating too much, playing tennis with my boys, walking every day and watching a couple of movies at night.

On Saturday we ended up visiting a local castle. Crazy... A castle in Ohio. Very interesting story behind it and the fellow who built it. I've attached a link for anyone interested.

http://www.worldwar1.com/sfroche.htm

I also had time to metal detect for a couple of hours on Friday. Found a huge park, with many ball and soccer fields, very close to them and decided to give it a try.

Searching on the net I couldn't find any rules against detecting there. My youngest boy and I drove over there and when we arrived there were a bunch of grounds people working in the park. I stopped one of them and asked if it was O.K. to detect and he gave me the thumbs up. First thing we notice was a volleyball court so we hit that first. While detecting another grounds person came up to us. I was thinking "oh, oh here we go, we are getting the boot", but instead this fellow informs us that they just got through turning over all the dirt on the ball fields and we might want to try some of them. So that's what we did.

We only had a couple of hours so we searched a few ball fields and an outdoor concert area. We found a whopping $1.02 in clad (oldest one dating back to 1967). I wish we had time to do the outfields because I think we might have found better stuff out there. The only bad part was that the ground was a sticky clay so it was very messy to dig.

Glad you had a good time, with family, and had time to do a little detecting. One day we,ve got to get together to do some detecting. Don't know when but sometime.