Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going for the whisper targets

Kenfen

Ok, I'm up for it now, I'm willing to dig deep for stuff.... so how do I best go about locking on to the whisper targets? Any tips?

Kind Regards,

Kenfen

Sometimes the real deep ones are not a whisper, but a nulling of the threshold, particularly in heavy mineralization areas where the deep ones experience a heavy shift in VDI.

In particularly old areas, repeatable threshold nulling at large depth, should be investigated further.

Both you guys are gurus! Jeff, I had to re-read your excellent reply before the light bulb finally turned on....

Ok, that helps me quite a bit in understanding the MXT.

Regards,

Kenfen

All good advice

If you want to quickly imprint the sound of whisper signals in your brain lower the gain to 4 or 5. Most areas should have plenty of targets in the 5-6" range that will teach you the sound. Once learned you will never lose it.Forget the meter and all the fancy stuff, beep-dig. But do run the disc just below 2. Personally I preferred the gain set just above 10 where you hear it ramp up in the audio. This keeps you out of the boosted zone with maximum gain and modulated audio on the deeper stuff.

Tom

Decided to try Jeff's practice method for whisper signals. Two years ago buried a wheaty 6'' deep in my back yard but could never find it, not even a whisper. First tried ''Big Foot'', no signal. Next tried 5.5 X 10 Eclipse, got a ragged whisper , no id. Went back in the garage to clean up and noticed the stock 8.5 coil still in the wrapper, never used. You guessed it, picked up wheaty and even ID'd it correctly !!!
MXT and I get to start all over on past sites.
Ground condition : 70
Sensitivity : 10
No disc.
Coin & Jewelery Mode