Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God's Grace & Providence when detecting

Sgt. Silverman

I know this might sound far-fetched, but I truly felt lead by the Spirit to today's tot-lot. Why? I cannot explain it. But what was in store? Gold Ring #3. (No name engraved unfortunately) That's one Gold Ring every Saturday for the past three Saturday's in a row. I don't want to read into this too much, but I'm starting to.

Here's my question to all of my brother's and sister's in Christ: Do you think God's Grace and Providence assist us when detecting? (I used to believe in luck before becoming a Christian, but now I don't.) I pondered this very thought on the way home. Is it the newer detector and the fact it's more sensitive to Gold? Is it the tot-lots? (Last weeks class ring was found at a local ball-park, not a tot-lot.) Or is my mind just subconsciously choosing the most probable places that Gold can be found with the resources I have? Is it God who leads us when we go detecting? Or maybe it's a combination of all the above.

For those that do believe in luck, the dictionary's definition of luck is; Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through ones own actions.

So, this hobby in a whole is based solely on 100% earthly chance correct?... or is it? We can have the best machines, the best research, the perfect location and weather and still not find anything. And then the opposite can occur. Do any of you think the Lord can / does intervene when we detect? (I used to think not, but now I'm not so sure.) And if he does, for what purpose would it serve? I know this is WAY too deep, but would love to hear your Christian perspective. God Bless.

Greg

Unquestionably some places are better than others for producing consistence finds. There's one particular tot-lot I hunt that always produces good finds but there are a variety of others that are hit & miss. I do believe God blesses our efforts; especially when relying upon Him for the where/with/all to get the job done, ie: good health, equipment, and ability. For the most part, I think it's more the case of being at the right place at the right time. For instance: two people detect a given park at the same time. One has the knowledge of finding more at the playground area...while the other may think the better finds are found in or near a ball field based upon prior experience. That's not to say God doesn't bless the one hunting in or near the ball field. The time of day may have a great deal to do with better finds; early as opposed to later? In a heavy populated area, such as my area, there is a chance of multiple people detecting any one given area at the same time...first come...first serve. Now, on the other hand, if you or I are praying specifically for a prosperous day of detecting because of financial need, God very well may bless us with good finds that sold could produce the needed funds for our specific need. Obviously only God can do that. Luck has nothing whatsoever to do with that particular benefit. I'm interested in the views of others, from a Christian perspective.

I don't believe in luck either. I believe that the Lord blesses us often with our finds. Even your nor so good experience returning that ring. You had the choice of being angry and never returning anything again or being thankful for finding it and blessing another with the return. When we live in His will, we can look as these moments as blessings from Him. All good things are of the Lord. I do think you need to venture out and find more parks in your area that have tot lots and it might seem that you have a low pressure area. That is a good thing. Now the other statement about 100% earthly chance? I don't agree. There are many factors. ( choice - experience ) are two of them. I have to make many choices. Where do I go today? Do I dig that signal? Experience tells me when to dig or when not to and even when do I try this place again, etc.... The more experienced the digger and the better he knows his machine the better he will do. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

SeniorSeeker said:
Now, on the other hand, if you or I are praying specifically for a prosperous day of detecting because of financial need, God very well may bless us with good finds that sold could produce the needed funds for our specific need. Obviously only God can do that. Luck has nothing whatsoever to do with that particular benefit. I'm interested in the views of others, from a Christian perspective.

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade said:
Now the other statement about 100% earthly chance? I don't agree. There are many factors. ( choice - experience ) are two of them. I have to make many choices. Where do I go today? Do I dig that signal? Experience tells me when to dig or when not to and even when do I try this place again, etc.... The more experienced the digger and the better he knows his machine the better he will do. Hope this helps!

Martin, excellent point and coupled with Mike's statement, "The Lord blesses us often with our finds" I think this is spot on. I made the reference in more of a question to all of us as Christians and not a "I-believe-this" on the "100% earthly chance. Before I came to the Lord I would grab my machine and go. Whatever I found was my own doing and the Lord was the furthest thing from my mind. "What can I find, where do I go, me, me, me." Once I came to the Lord, I've tried to put everything in HIS hands. I don't believe in chance any more. I don't mean to go this deep, but I'm going to;

The LORD Blessed me with the items I could afford years ago through owning my own company. I sold those items on Ebay to raise the funds to purchase my detector. He Blessed me with a new job and a relocation package to Northern NC. Now equipment and location goes 100% to God and his provision. God's hands are in everything we do, and everything we're about to do. Hence why I believe the Lord gets credit on our finds too.

I do agree with you Mike on the experience which can change the outcome, and I agree with you Martin on the point of God Blesses us with good finds as well. (And if you sprinkle a little "low pressure areas" in there it's a recipe for success!) Thanks for the comments and the insight gang. Have a Blessed Sunday!

Greg

the good times and, also, for the bad times, for this is when we seek our Lord and ask His forgiveness and direction in which to go by the guidance of His Holy Spirit! He wants to please His children and give us the desires of our hearts, so in your willingness to find the owners of the lost gold rings, He has led you to another one and can keep, unless you find a way to seek the owner, which I'm afraid will not happen, so this ones for you to keep and be blessed by! We are directed to find and even share with others the blessings of our Lord Jesus Christ when we glorify and praise Him and use any monies to help others financially and/or to return the rings to the rightful owners! God works in mysterious ways and I know when I had a good feeling when out detecting in the areas I feel led to detect, I would find something nice or lots of coins and relics! God's Holy Spirit leads us into all truth and blessings for each of us and for us to help others to draw closer to Jesus, through prayers and good works!

I was helped many times by God's leading through prayers and visions during my ex's and my divorce....always good leads which helped me to endure and overcome the hurts, pains and sadness in my life, for a divorce is a very unpleasant thing to go through, especially when finding out how your ex had lied and been unfaithful to you (me)...Yes, God guides our footsteps and as long as we listen and obey, He will continue to do so! Amen! :angel: Ma