Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God looks out for drunks, little children and dumb scuba divers. Part II

Micheal_R

Staff member
In the Port Hardy harbour, the seas were calm. There were no waves and only a very slight chop. Knowing that

We have caught many Salmon and Cod there around the Kelp beds and Halibut on the dropoff.
I am amazed that you have been diving in places that few others would attempt but sure wish i had been there!
C'mon...what happened? what happened? what happened?:thumbup:

Just a thought here....maybe that hole wasn't big enough !:lol: Under the water AND confined spaces ! My phobia's setting in real quick. Let's hear the rest !!!

what a way to leave us hangin! :thumbup:

dummy :D I have been there and done that or things very similar. I don't know if I am too old now or much smarter :D

The St Clare River has a six mph current and I have dove in it many times but to do so you really have to move from shelter to shelter. I have done drift dives there too and it is a ball but the problem is, you can not come up because of the huge ore freighters.

I have never dove in Kelp and have always wanted to. Never had the chance.

Actually taking off your tank and doing a pass through works pretty well but I prefer to keep the second stage in my mouth. :D

I am a waiting for the next installment, as the others are :D

especially the various conditions you have to be aware of to be able to do it safely,i kind of thing i might be a bit claustrophobic if i did it,but i guess if you work into at shallower depths you become more comfortable,or maybe the words confident.
do you have to be certified to hire out as a diver,i mean by the provincial authorities?

n/t

I feel that a person would be stupid now days to dive without taking lessons and getting certified. It is fun and easy. You can die down there.

I have never had problems with claustiphobia myself but if a person had that problem they better take up hiking. :D I have been in places I could not see beyond my face mask and diving under Ice is something else if you have that problem.

It is necessary to be in good shape to dive safely too, especially if you do any of the extremem diving. 30 ft dives on a beach detecting doesn't usually put much strain on you but the worse strain is the mental strain.

Very few divers get into troublem because of wildlife or equiptment failure. They get in trouble because of their actions. They do stupid things or panic. There is very little down there that is gonna hurt you if you keep your head. If a Great White wants to take a bite out of you, you are in trouble but most divers never see one.

Diving is one of those things that sounds much more scary than it actually is. You can be in ten feet of water or fifty and it feels no different.

It is a great sport.

if you get rattled you could be your own worst enemy,i've been that a couple of times:),i think i would do better if i took it slow and learned in stages,for others it might not be a big deal.