Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God looks out for Drunks, little children and dumb scuba divers :) Par III

Micheal_R

Staff member
What could go wrong? Well, pretty much anything that could, go wrong, did go wrong. First, as Royal has explained, taking a tank off and moving it from one area to another is a pretty safe thing to do, if you keep the second stage [that is the part that goes in the mouth] firmly gripped in your teeth. These days, I have a strap that goes through the exhaust ports and around my neck. This way, if I drop the mouthpiece, it is still close by to me.

However, that day, I tossed the tank through the opening, and everything just followed with it; tank, regulator, mouthpiece

there'd have been more than "silt" in the water! :laugh: It's amazing how we look back on some of the crazy (read stupid) thing we did when we were younger. Thanks for the dive Mike!

Dave

been on some of your exciting dives!!

did a lot of thinking in a few seconds. I would have panicked and probably been a part of the sunken ship! Good story! :)

I consider myself as brave as the next man, not much that scares me.That being said,your description of entering that wreck underwater tossing your tank and loseing it...sent shivers up my spine! No way I would have done that!Great story!

...and I'm a certified diver from the late 1970's!

You were not lucky...you were blessed...blessed to live to tell about it and to live out the rest of your life with your precious family.

What an intriguing story!

I don't dive much anymore...BUT...I still plan to buy that brownie hooka and the excal. But at least I don't plan on diving past the thermocline ever again.

Thanks, so much for the story, Mike. <><

I gotta go suck some fresh air!

aj

You would have thought that I would have quit diving after that. However, I am still diving [albiet with a lot more care] and still loving every minute of it.

One day, I guess I will have to grow up :)

calm seas, fair winds

M