Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God at work,in my life.More proof tonight.......

warthog

I have been taking membership classes at our Church,tonight was the last class....I filled out the membership application,and these two questions,among others,were on the application,and they jumped up and HIT ME RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES:'Since you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior,have you been baptized?',and 'If not,would you like to be?'.....:shocked:......Now,I have had issues in my mind,regarding baptism,because I was full immersed baptized,as a Jehovah's Witness.Not long afterward,I 'saw the light' and 'separated' myself from them,permanently.It was years later,in May of 1998,I took Jesus at a Promise Keeper's conference at the Pontiac Silverdome,here in Michigan.Since then,I have not been baptized in any way,since the Promise Keepers......It has always been in the back of my mind,occasionally,if I needed another baptism,because of the JW affiliation I once had....AND HERE,ON THIS APPLICATION,,WAS TWO QUESTIONS ADDRESSING MY TROUBLING ISSUE,AMEN!........Now,some say any kind of baptism is an 'optional' thing,not required if you already have Him in your heart and soul.....But,FOR THIS OLD BOY,IT IS PLAIN THAT GOD WANTS ME TO DO THIS!!!!!.By the way,my answers to the two questions above were No.1,'No',and No.2, 'OH,YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!':clapping::angel::yikes::rofl:....More good news is,I am joining our Praise and Worship MusicTeam,consisting of 2 guitars(My Ms.Thelma Lou joining the other guitar!!!),piano,bass,and 4 singer/musicians!!!...Have already been told we are not out to make a name and tons of fans,but to do these Gospel,Praise and Worship songs as close to the originals as possible,'FOR THE GLORY OF FATHER AND SON!!!!....I agreed 1000%,I was also told some simple lead guitar work would be the ticket.....Got me written all over it,first time for me,doing Worship/ Praise music in a group of musicians/singers,AMEN!!

You've come a long way WG STEVE and YES! You need to get baptized all the way under the 2nd time after true salvation! I did and it was so much better the 2nd time (13 and then 51)! God's Holy Spirit was like warm honey poured all over me and I think you will see a big difference being baptized under true faith and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Congrats on the musician's position and May God Bless you with beautiful music and song to bring joy, comfort and peace to others! God is good and He is good all the time! Amen! :angel: Ma

By the way, I was at the Silver dome that weekend, because I was at all of the PK conferences held there. And several others. Get Baptized and show the world you believe. :thumbup:

Git , err, done worthog ! Sounds like the holy spirit is prompting you ! Now will that be in side the church your at ? Or will you be taking the polar bear plunge ,