Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God Answers Prayer^^^ Royal' s Story of the old man and the dog...

Arkie John

...jogged my thoughts. The greatest story ever told is that of Easter, so here is your Easter message.

When people say that "God doesn't answer my prayer," they err. It is a two-fold issue:

A. When He answers prayer, sometimes He says "No." Sometimes He says "wait." Not every time does he say, "Yes." Oh yeah. Whether we agree with Him or not is of no consequence. He sees the big picture and always knows best. He operates by His standard not ours. So, if you are a child of God, He has promised to answer your prayers. Psalms 34:15.

B. He listens to His children, but it's too bad that so many of the human race do not seek Him for a relationship. When people tell me that "we all are children of God," it tells me they have never read their Bible. It simply is not true. You say, 'OK, give me a verse.' I will, just hold on.

We are each his creation and created in His image, but we are not all children of God. There is a big difference. satan doesn't want you to grasp this, so pay close attention and put your pride on the shelf.

With no relationship, there is no father/child relationship. It's too bad that men attempt to rely upon their own wherewithall to get through life. It is too bad that all so many outright reject God, attempting to live life 'their way.' It's too bad that we are not all children of God.

But to be a child of God, one must RECEIVE Him (as Lord, Boss and Master)and do all he can to turn from his sin. Read Romans 1:12.
A child should always be subserviant to the father, and the Bible demands it. When a person does not pursue a father/son relationship then generally, their prayers get no further than the ceiling. There is an exception....that's when a man cries out as a sincere seeker of Truth.

People don't have to be without God. They don't have to go through this life with unheard prayers. That's what Easter is all about. It gives mere mortals, locked in all their sin, to be righteous in the eyes of God (only) through his Son, Jesus Christ. He paid the price for all our sin and seeks to cleanse us with His supreme sacrifice made a little over 2000 years ago.

Have a good Friday, because He didn't. He was busy paying for the world's sins--yours and mine--that day. What a gift! But it STILL must be r-e-c-e-i-v-e-d. This could be your first REAL Easter. If you are not His child, remember the exception I spoke of and cry out. Then listen. You see, if you are for real in your plea, He has already answered that prayer. In John 6:37 He promises, "Him that comes to Me, I will in no wise cast out."

Your non-acceptance is outright rejection. We will each spend eternity somewhere...and YOU make that choice. It's like Pilate said in Matthew 27:22. Each man must answer it--each one. He asks, "What shall I do then with Jesus, which is called 'Christ'?"

Happy Easter, my forum friends. <><

aj

big brother for telling our friends this story. It is a very true story,(and in MY book, deserves to be a "sticky").

Everyone has their own beliefs and for those who choose not to believe that Jesus Christ is not the risen son, eternity is a long time to be wrong.

There are a lot of good people in hell right now. Good people do not go to heaven. FORGIVEN people do.

Happy Easter to all,

Lil Brother

This Sunday we will celebrate the most important event in the history of the world....Thank you for the reminder

Here we are on Easter Sunday. Three posts to the greatest story ever told.

Yup, we're dyin. We're dyin' alright.

world that we now find ourselves living in...dangerous times to boot. I do not think that only receiving 30 views is an indication of the importance that folks place on this subject, but rather would indicate that folks are possibly living a very busy life at the moment. This is only speculation on my part, and I could be out in left field on my explanation. I also think that the subject of religion is one that many folks avoid because of lack of knowledge, laziness, or just to avoid a fuss when differences of different faiths are discussed. You must also consider the fact that prayer has been taken out of the schools, and the many recent years of the works of some folks in pushing the separation of the church and state issue is slowly, but surely taking it's toll. I probably should not be voicing an opinion on this Forum on this subject due to the fact that this is not an View's Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

you posted any responses to my last couple.:shrug:

I read this one and frankly had no idea what to reply. It looked like you said it all and it is no secret that I am not a believer. What was a suppose to say? I don't know.

If I were a believer I don't know what kind of response I could have made anyway.

I love your story's and you are a great story teller but I am not a Christian. I did go to Church with Mary yesterday and enjoyed it but if I ever become a Christian it is not going to be because of what someone tells me the bible says. I feel it will be because of something I see or feel.

I think your posts touch many but What more can be said beyond what you did?

important part of the backbone of this forum, and everyone here may not comment, but they do read. The issue of religion, or politcs is one I try to avoid as much as possible, because there are so many different opinions.

We know this is one of the most important stories ever told, and I was so reminded of this when I went to Lil Brother's church yesterday. But I did not have to go there to understand it all. I have owned the book this comes from since I was a little girl, and know the answers are there if I seek them.

I love you, and do not want you to take anything personal. You know these fine people are your friends on here, and you know, you are just doing YOUR job! So be content with that, and start writing somemore stories. We did let you get by with a hiatus while turkey hunting, ya know! :lol:

Call me tonight. ILY, Sis

n/t