Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GMT in fresh water

seb1008

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how stable the Whites GMT is in fresh water? As in keeping the coil underwater in streams. I have read that it is a not really usable in salt water. Just wondering how stable it would be in fresh water before I bought one. Seb

It works great especially in mineralized wet sand near the shore, The coil will not leak and add fish gravel to the bottom of the lower rod.

Paul (Ca).

Thank you Paul. I just got a Goldmaster 3 and I plan on waterproofing it for fresh water wading, it should work good on small gold like chains I'm thinking. The tip about the fish gravel should work good. Have you tried the larger 8x14 coil? Does it work as well on small gold? I have a T-2 for land and a SD2100 for the salt water beach . I like the sd2100 better than the T-2 on the beach, the sd2100 is totally quiet on wet or dry sand until you hit a target . I bought these three detectors encase I can ever get up to the Brooks Range in Alaska to look for for gold. I figure these 3 detectors should be a good combination for what ever conditions I come across. Might as well use them on the beaches here in Florida so I can learn the machines. Seb1008

Seb, when you use your SD2100 on the wet not dry sand saltwater sand beach and not directly in the water but when the tide goes out. Do you use a DD, Mono coil, or Salt(Anti-Interference) coil? If you know, how does it work with a Mono coil on the wet saltwater sand?

You must dig alot of trash also.

Hello David, I used the Plataypus mono on the wet sand and there was a small background hum, but very comfortable to work with. I have not tried the 24"x12" mono yet,I have had this Flu for the last 2 weeks. I am in the process of buying meters and everything necessary to make coils. I want to make some salt coils, but I'm getting cold feet now because it seems pretty daunting for me with no background in electronics, all the words are like French to me. The way I look at it I am going to dig trash anywhere I go, but when I go to the Treasure Coast Beachs where the 1715 fleet went down I nearly always see other people detecting, so the Confidence factor that I can walk behind them and still have a good chance of finding something is more Important to me. Same way with nugget hunting, everyone wants the detector that will give that little extra edge. Seb