Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Glued Knob...

candycane

Used a large bolt cutter to crack the knob off. The previous owner used a glue to hold the know in palce. Little sand paper on the post,replaced with a stove knob,ready to go....Brandy

Congrats on tha inovative repair.

Where thar's a will, thar's a way.

Hope it works better than new,

Tabdog

I love the kind of fixes that are done by glueing, tapeing, smashing or crushing.
Anybody remember the old days when watching t.v. and the picture would start to roll???? If so then you also remember the fix for the problem.

Yea the fine tune knob - but to change channels, the vise grips did the job. Always spun the antenna, if you had a roof top, it took one to spin it and at least another to yell out the window how the picture was doing. When it look good, then back to the fine tuner knob to tweak a little better when possible. It sure was high tech when we got the automatic antenna rotor so I dad didn't send me up the ladder again. I want to say it was an Archer brand but not sure. The vise grips lasted longer than the factory knob :blink:

tab-nabit said:
Yea the fine tune knob - but to change channels, the vise grips did the job. Always spun the antenna, if you had a roof top, it took one to spin it and at least another to yell out the window how the picture was doing. When it look good, then back to the fine tuner knob to tweak a little better when possible. It sure was high tech when we got the automatic antenna rotor so I dad didn't send me up the ladder again. I want to say it was an Archer brand but not sure. The vise grips lasted longer than the factory knob :blink:[/quo

I remember an episode of the HoneyMooners where Ralph bought his first T.V and Ralph had Ed get on the roof to move the antena around.....:lol:

The fine tune knob???
We were not that technolgically gifted in our house....The youngest child was told to "go fix the set" as which time meant giving the set an open handed slap on the side. Always had to be the right side of the set for it to work for some reason.
I always wondered what the fine tune adjustment knob was for.