Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

giving midwest a shot

rever5101

sent my gold finding from the past two years off to Midwest refineries this morning i was reluctant at first but i got alot of good recommendations from the beach & water forum guys & after being offered 190.00 from the pawn shop for what Midwest should give me around 800.00 i decided tho take the gamble we'll see how it works out
houseandstuff254.jpg

houseandstuff255.jpg

I sent a half ounce of scrap in a few weeks ago and they were right on at 95% of the spot price. I'm pretty close to Waterford,MI so they a had a check in my mailbox within 3 days! :clapping: With my payment was also included a photo of two small clasps I had suspected of being plated.

I've used them three times. I always get within about 50 bucks of what I calculate I should get. Make sure you send over 3/4 of an ounce of gold so you get an accurate assay. If you send less than that he uses an alternate method to compute worth.

I can't tell from your pics but don't send anything too nice. Sell nice pieces as jewelry on ebay or someplace else.

Chris

not looking real good so far still no check what the heck i put a track an confirm on it when i sent it which says they received it on the fifth and even though they say their max tern around time is five days here its been six and nothing and every time i call they ether don't answer or say to call back because there in the back of the refinery and cant tell me anything right now hopefully it comes this afternoon or i might get upset i realize im in Cali and that's about as far as you can get from Michigan but come on

once again thanx for listening to me rant:rant:

I have never had a phone call to Midwest go unanswered or an email unreplied to. Are you calling during their business hours?

I usually call before sending in an order to ask how much they have stacked up to get an idea of how long it might take to get to my shipment. That said, the process has never taken more than a week for me. Check to see what time you order was received on Friday June 5. I was very paranoid the first time I sent them some of my hard fought for gold. I was extremely happy with the settlement amount, though, so try not to panic just yet.

Chris