Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

girlfriend hates the goldquest

dieseldust

you know guys , i try and be a good man to my girl. she`s a tenatious detectorist on the beach or in the parks. i love her dearly so i decided to buy her the ultimate gold machine...the goldquestSS. bought myself one too and i love it.i`m bonding with it like no other P.I. detector. she has not. we, like most detectorist separate when we hit the sand, she claims her fisher impulse was easier to understand. i on the otherhand (and i used the fisher years before her) think the GQ does as well and better. it looks like i`ll be buying another impulse to please her, unless i can set up her GQ to act as stable as her impulse did. she just doesnt realize how good she has it with the GQ. i keep hoping for a south swell to strip the beach and show her just how good it really is. oh well. i guess this is more of a comment then a question. maybe the GQ is more of a man`s machine. thanks for listening to my ramblings.
jeff

The Fisher Impulse is probably the PI detector with the least detecting depth of any made, that is why they discontinued it. Maybe she doesn't like the belt mount? but that makes it each to use the coil. The Surfmaster Pro is good and so is the HH Pro.

Jeff,

My wife tried to get between me and my beloved Goldquest SS.:argue:....I told her that she doesn't stand a chance and that she knows where the spare bedroom is...:rofl:.....by all accounts the Impulse was a bugger to use when in the waves and swell as the threshold had to be continually tweaked due to no SAT, the two cannot be compared.

Have you got the REJECT and SAT balanced together (they are like salt and pepper)....my Goldquest is set up to the "mosquito" threshold, it's just audible to the ear and is not a constant "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm", the threshold is constantly wavering slightly and at a fairly low level of volume (Threshold turned down).

It's just a matter of time with the machine and then before you know it she'll be :cheekkiss:

All the best,
Tony.......:ausflag:

you guys gave me the answer. i think its the depth. next time out i`m going to do something i never have done and acompany her with her detector. maybe she`s getting targets too deep for her girly arms to get to. think i`ll even get a headphone splitter and hear what she`s hearing. i have no doubt about the GQ after digging targets at 12 to 15 inches or so, its a top noch machine indeed.

You may like "Blonds." If she wants something else and is happy with the something else....get it for her. There are many out there that will be happy to get a good used Goldquest SS.

If she is unhappy, you are going to be unhappy...make her happy give her what she wants.

I would bet Bill and Mr. Foster agrees with me from experience. (smile) Frank

Jeff ,same name as me and we own g q's too! I bought mine abouta month ago from Surfscanner. I've been out with it maybe 8 times and i still have trouble getting it to settle down correctly and to run smooth .It seems to me it's a fineline you need to set the reject and sat to. So far it doesn't come easy to me == thus, i grab the sov. elite every other time going out the cellardoor, i know i have to learn but it can be frustrating!!

Try not to get confused with the word stable with each others post. One user lives in California, and the other user on Cape Cod, MA. Two completely different environments, and the Goldquest certainly would act different between the two locations.

Are you are referring to a rough sounding threshold when you say smooth out or settle down ? Depending on ground conditions, and your operating technique, it may not be spot on quiet. This shouldn

but i can see here confusion betweeen the fisher and the GQ. you have to ignore the subtle rise and fall of the threshold as it passes over black sand. a signal is hard to miss even with these variants but to her i believe she is confusing them for the beginning of signals and spending time double checking them. i have used both detectors with great sucsess and i know for certain its not the detector just a girl that cannot describe what she`s wanting from a detector. after a hunt i asked her what it was she didnt like and like a girl she couldnt pinpoint it, very vauge. in my frustration i made the post but in no way did i want to insinuate it was a lesser detector.
on the contrary its a better detector, just different to what she used for several years. i think its just a learning curve. but sometimes she can be difficult. thanks for all your help.