Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Girl Friend Wants Gold

My girl friend wanted a gold necklace for a charm she has.I went out yesterday and bought her three as a surprise.I thought I had really done well.After dinner I presented these to her one at a time,just tring to keep her happiness going.To my surprise ,she says these are nice and all,but I wanted a longer,heavier one.Well to say the least,that really burst my little bubble.I guess I had my pride hurt.I know thats against everything that the lord has taught me,but it sure hurt.Still praying about that tonight.

Welcome Stephen. I know you must be hurt, but turn it over to God. Sometimes when we try to do our best to please the ones we love and care about, it seems to backfire. Pray that God will give your girlfriend a grateful heart and a thankful heart. Pray that God will give you peace with this and don't let satan cause this to weigh on your heart and mind. We will pray for both of you. Hopefully your girlfriend will see the love you have by giving the gift rather than focusing on the gift itself. My wife gives my things all the time. Some are small, some are not. It is not the gift, but the thought and love behind the gift.

it would have bursted most peoples bubbles. It is understandable that you felt hurt. I am sure she didn't mean to hurt you though.

Stephen, I am sooooooo sorry this happened to you. I don't know your girlfriend, but I would bet that she didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Of course I understand that that isn't much consolation. You sound like a real sweetheart and it's too bad that things didn't turn out the way you had hoped. I wish my husband was THAT thoughtful!!! I will be praying for both of you.

Lisa

I guess you could have asked about the gold chain she wanted before going out and buying 3 for her. It depended on what size the charm is....whether large and heavy or small and light! She was probably disappointed in not getting one longer and heavier one, but she may not have meant to hurt you! I would have been hurt too, if I gave someone something and they didn't appreciate it, even if it wasn't what they wanted or expected. I have and they have!!!!

Feel free to post anytime and if you want to tell us about your problems and hurts, then go right ahead....that is why this forum is here.....to help encourage our brothers and sisters in Jesus' loving comfort through words and prayers!

Stay with us, Stephen, and talk to us through writing posts and if you need prayer just ask! :angel: God Bless! Betty