Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gigartine Stellata

Micheal_R

Staff member
Gigartina Stellata..

In 1969, I was at the University of Victoria, in my final year. I was completing a 4 year course with the intent of working in the marine biology, or some such related field. [As it happened, I wound up employed as a pulmonary function tech at Victoria General Hospital

Bin there buddy and really curious to know your experience:biggrin:
Apparently they did identify the Malahat recently by way of old logs from the harbor master at Powell River and such.

Look forward to hearing about the rest of the dive. Just the word Narrows brings swift currents to my mind. Are all those salt water or are the so far inland that they are brackish water like we get up river here not all the far from the ocean?

George

n/t

I will get into part two a bit later, but suffice it to say that you hear it long before you see it.. Wayne can tell you stories about the Skookumchuk, I am certain. These narrows are salt. They lie between Vancouver Island and the mainland. There are some very impressive rips there. If you have ever heard of Ripple Rock, you might get an idea of just how rapid they rush can be. Ripple rock, just north of Campbell River, was the scene of the worlds largest non-nuclear explosion in 1958 [If I remember correctly] I claimed many ships with a great volume of water flowing through a small area.

Fair winds

Mikie

We used to use the term 'Skookum' regularly when I lived on Vancouver island. Skookum is an adjective to describe something immensely powerful just like the Skookumchuck Falls, sort of an ultimate term for power and strength.
So you decided to dive there? and I thought I did crazy stuff.:rofl: Obviously you survived it Mate, or you wouldn't be telling the tale now.

Looking forward to part 2,

BDA

n/t

n/t

Can this be the same guy I took pictures of picking bugs off a plant in his kitchen with tweezers and magnifying glasses? I guess still waters do run deep.:biggrin:
Cheers, Buddy.

Hey, did your charger ever arrive?

And you remember those aphids do you?? Seems they got worse when you came.. :):

fair winds

Mikie

n/t

there was an algae that they called the Red TIde and it was suppose to be rather dangerous to divers. We dove near it but it would take over huge areas and we had to stay out.

As you know, I like the diving story's:thumbup:

n/t

n/t