Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gifts Made With Love

Sunny

One can buy someone something, and it's just because they think they need to give that person a gift. Some put a lot of thinking behind what gift they are going to buy this person, so that makes it pretty special.

Others use their talents, and put their heart and soul into a gift, knowing the recipient will be overjoyed. Thus, this is the way I felt when I received to very special gifts from my brothers. Tom made me a box, a very special box as you will see, and some beautiful cross ornaments for my family tree.

John made me a flute, also that is very special. It has one of the most haunting, melodic sound and even I can play it and it sound just beautiful.

The wood from both of these gifts came from very special places. The lining of the box is made from a piece of walnut that our father had in his shop when he died. I am sure, being a master craftsman himself, he was saving it for something very special. The holder for the flute is also made from a piece of this walnut.

The main part of the box, and the flute itself was made from our grandmother's crepe myrtle tree that I saved when I sold the the old home place, and transplanted it to my yard. We had to cut it off quite a bit, and this wood is from it's branches.

The cross ornaments were made of the the same two pieces of wood.

I can not think of a more special way to be able to preserve a few memories than the way my two talented brothers have done for me. All the gifts have very special stories, and I will cherish them all forever! Best of all, the were made with love!

My flute also has a leather strap around it, and on it are three beads that signify myself and John and Tom. John told me this, and I thought that really added a special touch. Of course the feathers on it are from a turkey!

Thank you brothers, you are dear to me! ILYB, :)

[attachment 47189 Gifts.jpg]

[attachment 47190 Gifts2.jpg]

[attachment 47191 Gifts3.jpg]

[attachment 47192 Gifts4.jpg]

[attachment 47193 Gifts5.jpg]

[attachment 47194 Gifts6.jpg]

Fine craftmanship!!

You are three lucky people

you all should be proud:thumbup:
For many years i had jewelery made from the gold i found, nugget ear rings, brooches with initials spelled out in nuggets, rings etc, for my daughters and grandaughters, Sis and other family members, they are much more "real" thoughtful and lasting.

What you three have is special. Royal's right......you're three fortunate people !:)

And your brothers are two class acts. :) {but we all here knew that anyway!!}

calm seas

M

...is our sister. (but y'all already know that) Special gifts for a very special part of our lives. That's the only way to do it.

Speaking of talent, Linda, you'll have to show off your new bathroom when you're finished with the paint.

We love you, even though you tend to stretch the truth time and again about your fishing "skills." :lol:

Just remember, you are so very special to us, BUT, remember: women melt, babies grin and fish TREMBLE when they hear OUR names! (no lie)

Glad you like your gifts. ILY.

Johnboy

One more thing. Tom and I have this little poem we recite to each other every once in a while. But it applies to Linda as well. Here goes:

All fishermen are liars
Except me and thee

And sometimes I wonder
about THEE.

make them pretty happy by baking them a chocolate pie, or a batch of fudge! Trouble is, the inscription is gone in a flash! :rofl: Both of them have a cutting from the crepe myrtle bush though, and that counts as something!

n/t