Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GG Headphones on the Excal 2

stillhuntin

I cant get minelab to respond back, will they install the male ike connector on there phones and the female ike on the Excal 2 unit, i see Gulf Hunter had his done from the factory a while back and others did it on there own, using battery packs to get the female ike connector and then ordering the male ike installed on there new GG phones, however this machine is new and i dont want to kill the warrenty but at the same time these yellow phones need to become spares.Has anyone talked to Minelab about getting this done or have any other suggestions.

I just sent mine back for warranty work and the ikelite connector on mine was cracked. It didn't leak, but it was definitely absorbing moisture inside the connector housing. I was told that this is the main reason they stopped doing it. It could ruin a unit pretty quickly and that would be a huge risk for Minelab. I've been using the ikelite system for about four years on multiple Excals and it does have its pluses,but also its minuses. There are a few distributors that had them made up by Minelab and were selling them as a warranted unit, so someone may have a new modified unit available still.

Good Luck

Thanks I guess i will wait till the warrenty runs out then do it myself.For the price you would think they could have at least put a quality set of phones on the unit.

Try silconing the drain holes for now, {top and Bottom on both sides} that will cut out alot of the outside noise. Obn

OldBeechnut said:
Try silconing the drain holes for now, {top and Bottom on both sides} that will cut out alot of the outside noise. Obn

Thanks OldBeechnut never thought of that, they will be silconed for tommorrows hunt.

They will not longer perform the installation and it DOES void the warranty if you or anyone else does it. Mr.Bill at Surfscanner's is able to do it though. It is worth having done, or build the Peltor H7As, as outlined in Clive's latest Excal book. I just got mine and tonally, they are closer to being accurate, imo. ANYTHING is an improvement over the Koss though.