Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting some color

Royal

Anybody out there??????

n/t

You have to go to GeoCache to get the map coordinates for the cashe. They are downloadable directly to your GPS. You can also get all the information, including maps and clues, along with what you are looking for from the site. It is always smart to check out what others have said about the cache to pick up a few hints that way. I am going back to one that I have not found on two previous hunts to try again. I read the logs of others that have found it and picked up a hint or two. Gonna try again.

You then go out and follow your GPS to the general area. It will get you pretty close but rarely right on top of it. Much depends on your GPS, the amount of tree cover, how careful the person was that planted the Caches was and your own ability with the GPS.

Once you find it you will open it and there is usually a little notebook in it with a pencil. Write the date, your name and maybe your thanks for their efforts at hiding the thing. Then you go back to the web site and log that you have found it.

I found 5 yesterday and have the one to go back to. In fact I have a couple to go back to when I get the chance.

It is a lot of fun but I felt like a mountain goat on a couple of them. I found a place that I can get some mushrooms in my wanderings yesterday:thumbup:

We are still in summer mode down here, and seldom enter into what you folks know as the winter mode. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Good deal on the 5 finds yesterday. Gets addictive, especially this time of year when its so nice out. I'm mapping out my next trip on Google now for a 5 or 6 cache hunt. Where ever the wife is planing on going or I'm going, I check it out on google eart and the kml files to see where they are. If on my route I hit as many as I can while in that area. I've gotten most of the close by ones so I'm ranging further now. I've sipped over alot of the multi micro caches but will do some of them later this fall. They can consume a lot of time. I check daily for newly place travel bugs or geocoins, Those I I go right after. I picked out some more benchmarks also. If you go to the benchmark site, there is a lot of good info listed on each one of those benchmarks and the last time they were ever seen. Some are very old and provide great very old post office sites etc.

As long as I'm walking and playing with the GPS and camera, how can ya loose.

Geo-CT

I am just getting back into it so I figured I will leave them for others

n/t