Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting ready to purchase a MD. Live on civil war site (virginia)

manganos

I've live in Dinwiddie, VA and have some land to hunt. Approx 1600 acres between me and my neighbor. I need to purchase a detector. Only one person has ever hunted the property before us that we know of over the last 60 or so years. He has 3 display cases full of civil war relics, guns, etc. The property backs up to The Battle of Five Forks battlefield. Can anyone recommend a MD? I'm looking at a Garret GTI 2500.

Thanks 5forksva!!! I did get your PM as well as a lot of others. The responses were surprising to say the least. I was not aware that so many people were into this hobby and it seems like a lot of people live around here. I never even thought of dabbling in this hobby until I heard two old timers talking on the ham radio about what they were finding and such. I have done a little research now and got the bug. I've listed 5 items on EBAY so my wife can't accuse me of spending more money on yet another hobby. Thanks for all the kind words! Chris

My advice would be listen to the locals who have contacted you about what to get. They would know what works the best there.

Good Luck!