Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting it done, one find at a time

johntate

A friend who owns several (9) houses called me last month and asked if I wanted to detect some of them since they were going to be vacant for a short time (she rents mainly to college students and it was the end of the semester).
The first house gave up a '45 and '46 quarter, a '42 merc, a '51 Rosie and my oldest (and deepest) find to date, a 1901 Indian Head. Now I know why people are anxious to break the 1900 barrier.

Finds001.jpg

The second house produced a '51 and '47 Rosie. Also a token from the Cain Canning Company, Springdale, Arkansas. I researched it and the factory started up around 1942 and lasted for about a dozen years. Every little town here in the Ozarks had its own canning company shortly after the turn of the century. That was my third canning factory token find.

Finds004.jpg

I got a '53, '54 and '57 Rosie from the third house. The soldier's Rifle medal (you'll have to excuse my ignorance about the Army. I was a Navy guy myself.) says "Sterling" on the back. The silver piece is less than a third the thickness of a dime and came out of the ground untarnished. Must have been decoration from clothing or apparel, or possibly a horse bridle. I knew immediately what the token with the hole in the center was. It was my third Oklahoma one mill tax token.

Finds005.jpg

Thank you for looking and happy hunting to all.

Pretty impressive finds for one find at a time. Your right about breaking the 1900 barrier. Once you do it becomes second to none looking for the next fix. I still get buzzed up finding an old Indian and old coins or anything old for that matter. Nice finds and sounds as if you have a nice contact for hunting older houses.HH

WTG and congrat's on your finds! Don't you just love it when you start to find silver one right after another. I know I do!

Looks like you had a great day. I have not found 3 Quarters in one day for a while now. Real nice assortment of Finds, Keep it up.
HH.