Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting better

relic-hunter

Well today was the third time out with the new Garrett. I must say I am getting better at using it every time I go out with it. Today I went to the beach again but spent more time in the parking area than on the beach. People drop a lot of change getting in an out of their cars. So when you have a lot of clad coins to clean is there an easy cheap way of doing it?

Here is the haul for the day a hand full of coins and a couple of hand fulls of trash.

[quote relic-hunter] So when you have a lot of clad coins to clean is there an easy cheap way of doing it?

[/quote]Nice haul. There is a real easy way to clean coins. Put them in a sand scoop or strainer, shake them good to get the dirt off and then straight to the coin machine. Works great. Anyone else have any idea's:rofl: (you'll see why I put the ROFL guy when you get more replies.

Put the coins in The Works toilet bowl cleaner for about 30 seconds. They're a little off color, but clean. A rock tumbler works the best.

Wait two weeks. It will be less trash and even more loot. Good job!

Chris

There are tons of posts on this forum about cleaning coins. It leads to brothers not speaking to each other fro months and sometimes fist fights. Not really. I use a rock tumbler with gravel and a little lemon juice (or vinegar) water and salt. Keep pennies separate from silver coins. Never tumble anything decent like old coins. Wait until you have a few pounds of coins until you worry about it.

Nice hunt. Parking lots are always productive. Go to Harbor Freight when their sales are on and pick up a rock/coin tumbler for about twenty bucks and you can clean all your stuff. Or hit their web site at harborfreight.com They've got them on sale right now for $19.99.

Bill.

Hey that tip worked just great. O.K maybe not great, but certainly is cheap. And it seems to get the encrusted stuff off the coins.