Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

George mentioned the Picture I took from the top of Devils Tower

Royal

and I thought I would repost it for those that have not seen it. What a thrill that trip was:thumbup:

That is the KOA campground down front, where we stayed

[attachment 60664 fromtop.jpg]

The one you took is great to keep with these at you get the view from the top and bottom. I saved yours when you first posted it.

I'm going to try something here a little different. Think they still have the 120K limit on picture size so let me link to it off one of my web sites in 500k and see if its a little more detail. If not I'll shrink it down.

George-Ct

http://www.cccmx.com/devilstowerA.jpg

http://www.cccmx.com/devilstowerB.jpg

[attachment 60721 devilstowerBwreb.jpg]

lines down over the side or was it all hand over hand picking holds as you went? Neat spot for sure. I always wonder down in Utah and around what might be hidden on them besides one beautiful view.

George-Ct

he would climb a pitch, setting anchor points and we followed one at a time. We were not allowed to touch the rope, it was for safety alone. He would squall if we touched it! "Get your hands off my rope. You are rock climbing, not rope climbing!" so it was all finding hand holds and making our way up. A thrill for sure. 840 ft!

The repel back down was a ball. Very relaxing, once you got the hang of it.

It was the toughest thing I ever did and I feel I could probably still make it with Andy. Be a little tougher now though. Twelve years older :D

http://www.peakware.com/peaks.html?pk=62

http://www.peakware.com/photos.html?pk=62

you feel good when you topped out. I watched a bunch of them, guys and girls at Zion National Park in Utah doing if one day for quite awhile. Overall body strength is a must. I took pictures of them also. I'll find them on here, to many pictures on here right now. Can't find anything fast. Right now I have problems climbing up on a thick rug... Darn arthritis giving me fits. Guess this one is a flare up. So back on Prednisone for a bit. Kinda makes one a hyper kitty at times but it takes away the pain. It will smooth once they get the right dosage again. Was on Plaquanil for 10 years but had and eye problem from it 3 months ago so had to get off it. Hope I can go back on it. NO problems with it for 10 years. Yeah, 12 years can change a body big time, but you keep active, and work out so unless you have a major body change you should be like the energizer bunny for a long time. Use it or loose it.

George-CT

they have less upper body strength. Climbing is done with the legs if done properly. I remember going to the climbing gym and doing it all wrong and in fifteen minutes or less my arms were pumped up so hard that I could hardly lift them.

I have seen guys that knew what they were doing climb a wall, only using their thumbs for balance. Hell, I was gripping with everything I owned, including my dang teeth! I was not a skilled climber though. I made it out of pure orneriness. I was not gonna fail and we dun it:rofl:

I will never forget topping out. I was so relieved that I had done it. It was an awesome feeling

stay at the Air Base there they have a great climbing wall there. So I like to pay around with that. Different then climbing a steel column for sure. I was doing it and this young lady was watching me. She comented I was doing it the hard way. So I asked her to show me and easier way.

She had more ways up that wall, then Annie Oakley could do tricks with a 25 foot rope. With what looked like to me, she climbed that all with little effort but perfect balance. My big learning experience there was she kept her body much closer to the wall then I did. Less of of big counterweight butt hanging out to strip you off it. She showed me how to pick out better paths up the wall and actually gave a class on it about a week later.

To bad she was not the trainer in our Ironworker school 40 years ago. Then again, if she had 20 lbs of nuts and bolts in a bag, 2 spud wrenches, drift pin, and a 5 lb beater hanging off her hips she may have go over to my style. Then again, maybe not. For us, style was not at issue, just get up there, make the connection and get ready for the next piece to come flying it.

There was one overhang section that she could navigate like a spider.
I never did get that one down, YET.... I can see me going in to hospital telling some doctor what happen..Well I was following the foxey chick up over a wall in my spider man suit, when I lost focus....
Yeah right....

Keep doing your gym work Royal. I'm positive that keeping the body fit is one of the keys to longevity on this road of life. Busy mind, busy body and laughter all run close seconds.

George-CT