Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

George, I do not know if you have seen this................

Kelley (Texas)

The 13 minute video is produced by the California Highway Patrol and contains safety tips and graphic clips of accidents involving motorcycles. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/motorcycle_v.html

[attachment 132394 motorcycle-gang.gif]

Always a wake up call and I appreciate the reminders that this stuff can and does happen. I try to stay up here in the quiet corner of Connecticut. Much less traffic to deal with and week days from 9:00am until around 3:00pm most are at work. Sure is more enjoyable at that time. Once work lets out, Rt 6 and all the other roads get to crowded for me. Being retired I can pick my times to ride. I have not had the big bike down on Interstate 95 but one time in 3 years. Just to much happening on that road all the time. Its the link between Boston and New York and everyone seems to be running late. Crazy. I would think where you go out into the country you can get some road to yourself also. Dirt riding, I'm as aggressive at the next guy, but highway, I just assume everyone will pull out in front of me, or cut a corner so I try to keep a big space between me and them. Even when we ride in a pack on a club ride. I always ride sweep. Last guy, no one behind me to have to be aware of and plenty of space ahead of me. I never like having them all around me on the road. Being older now I feel its not in my best interest to be there or theirs. Reactions are slower now. Dirt bikes I love it, the more the merrier, keeps it interesting.....

Thanks again for the heads up. I saved it and will post it on our club site also as a reminder.

George-CT