Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Geeeeesh! Don't you people ever take a dang break? :D

Royal

I went up north for a couple days and now I have a weeks worth of reading to do and I can see that old Butch has been badmouthing me. :D

I spent half the day at the Hospital today because of being an idiot. I was working in the garage and got careless with the table saw and it threw my work at me. I was stupid. Hard to believe isn't it?

the piece of wood I was cutting got caught and flew back and the corner drove into the back of my left hand, as it was headed for the other side of the dang garage!

It must have busted a blood vessel because I never saw anything swell that dang fast! No exageration here fellas but it swelled about 2 inches high as I watched! In fact I had to hold it away because I was afraid it was gonna pop!! It was at least two inches across too, looked like a dang golf ball!

I had been working and was as nasty as a goats arse, so I headed for the house aand run cold water over the thing. I then headed for the bathroom and the dang shower to scrape some of the funk off my hairy old arse!! Well my hairy old back anyway!

I moved my fingers and they seemed to work fine and the funny thing is there awas absolutely no pain. A bit of tightness and the corner of the block broke the skin but dang, it should have hurt! It looked like crap!

I finally got myself in some clean cloths and headed for the hospital because i didn't figure there was any way that hand was not busted.

I spent three hours in the Emergency room to find out that it was not busted and it was a relief. I have too many things to do to have a dang busted hand, dumbass I are!

I had to format my dang puter too as I was having lots of problems and now I am in the process of bringing it back to life. I am having problems with my sound card and can not find the dang disk.

This growing old crap sucks, don't it Linda and Butch?!!:super:

Welcome back.. Sorry to hear about the hand. Did they pop it?? Or relieve the pressure in some way??

Or are still walking around with that lump??

Good to see you here

Sunny skies

M

Happy days are here! Sorry about your hand. I know you don't wanna hear this. but next time take the saw blade down to 1/8 inch above the width of your stock. Also be sure the fence is parallel to the blade--or that the trailing edge of your fence is a tad wider than parallel and you should be OK with a good, sharp blade.

(From (one of) the sons of a master carpenter)

Your friendly Bob the builder type,

AJ

to me. I was telling someone just the other day, I finally feel my age. But I'm going to keep on peddlin' as fast as I can! :)

I'm glad you were not hurt any worse than you were! It have really been a lot worse I guess. I hate it when things like that happen to me, of course no one intentionally hurts themselves. Hope you are better soon! :) You should have made them put a cast on it anyway, to make Mary feel sorry for you!!! :lol: But it might be hard vacuming with just one arm! :)

Hittin' on all cylinders at the present time!Sorry to hear about your accident and am glad it wasn't worse.Table saws can hurt you.I have a couple scars from them caused by my own carelessness.I knew a man who used one nearly every day for years,and in one moment of carelessness cut off his thumb and two fingers.

lose the hand or a finger or two, you must pay attention my friend and slow down :wiggle:

And as far as the computer problems, junk the PC and get a Mac, HA! :thumbup:

I got up this morning and there is absolutely no pain and little swelling. I don't even see much in the way of discoloring! It was swelled as big as a half a golf ball!! Now it is as if it didn't happen.

I will let you know if the hand falls off!

that insisted on ripping lumber without a pushstick and used the miter fence and rip fence together. He used to send 1X1 maple splints clear across the room :lol: Teacher finally threw him out before he could really hurt someone.

Glad you're OK bud!

Dave