Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G'day fellas and any sheila's reading today . . . .

AuzeeSheila

Glad to see all the familiar names and faces still around. Just thought I'd pop in and say -- well, g'day (again) and let you know I'm still down here in Oz, a little older, probably not much wiser, granny-in-waiting. No sign, yet, of the next generation, but I have become one of those dreaded dragons -- a Mother-in-law, for the first time a month ago. I love my new D-in-law very much and don't expect too many feuds from that direction.

We sold our camper a few weeks ago, so that put's an end to our off-off-road prospecting. My bones aren't up to mountain climbing any more and even if I could, the medication I am on is making them so brittle that one fall and i could be mortally wounded by them snapping and piercing my lungs or something equally important, or so my Oncologist tells me.
I will have to try the nearest beaches this summer with my X-terra 70, if the weather doesn't get too hot. This area has only been settled by whites for 150 years so there isn't as much historical stuff around as you blokes seem to find.
Anyway, good to see you all still posting, hope you are all still happy and healthy, bye for now,
Sheila.

Even if your area is only [ :): ] 150 years settled, there is still the chance of good items of historical significance. I have found 1700 coins in an area only that old too.

Take care

Fair winds

Micheal

Things have been slow around here but friends come and visit occasionally.

Those new daughter in laws have to be watched. This girl gave her mother in law a new dog and for some reason had a video camera handy. :rofl: I think she had better watch that girl! Not to be trusted a bit.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/RoyalOttmar/Videos/?action=view&current=Doggy.flv

Those beaches are a lot of fun to hunt and much easier on the body. Hope you do well out there on the sand. Keep us posted with pictures. Hope the health issues go well for you.

George-CT

for your good thoughts, a girl can't get too many these days.

Now worries about being given dogs, we're already fostering this sons' dog eight years on. Now he and his wife have a cute little Ragdoll cat, which I would gladly take off their hands.

Here's a short story from the hen party about 6 weeks before the big day.

About fifty females of all ages are at this resort style venue with very loud music playing from speakers around the room. Beautiful bride-to-be is dolled up in tight black dress, very high heels, and a beauty-pageant type of sash across her . . ummm . . . chest and, on her head . . cheez . . . how do I say this, a head-band with a short, white veil off the back and on top . . . 2 rampant pink male parts. . . er . . horns? As if that wasn't bad enough, the er . . parts were clear plastic with blinking lights inside so that no-one could miss seeing them. They should have had an ambulance on hand, as it's a wonder someone didn't get whiplash from all the double takes I saw that night.
Time passed, it was getting late and things were starting to wind down, while the mother-of-the-bride and I tried to lip-read a conversation, as our voices had quit due to trying to talk over the noise. Watching the b-t-b enjoying herself I noticed something about her head gear and I said to her mother during a lull in the noise:-

"Your dick-headed daughters' horns are drooping!"

OH.H.H.H....M.Y.Y.Y.Y....G.O.O.O.O.O.D.D.!

I gobsmacked myself.

Then I sat there like a Kangaroo in front of headlights, cringing at my big mouth.

Some days . . ya shouldn't get outa bed.

Sheila.

I always said that women can really get wild when the men folk are not around to set a good example for them.

I have seen men at a strip show, watching and actually being sorta quiet, greatly enjoying themselves but not all that loud. Now women at a male strip show is another thing. My God!! They are screaming and raising hell like a man only wishes he had the guts to do.

That sound like a great bride shower for sure. You said the perfect thing as I see it!!:rofl: I also have a feeling that there might have been a bit of wine or stronger involved:super:

Have you got over your health probs yet?

No Royal, not much drinking on my part, although the younger women really get stuck into it these days. I know I would have had to be paralytically drunk to wear that head gear when I was the brides age. I have never been to a male strip show in my life so only know what I see on TV, but I would probably be sitting in a dark corner at the back if I did attend one, to hide my embarrassed red face.

I thought the brides' mother was a bit cool towards me at the wedding until I was told that she was having a hard time trying not to cry at losing her only daughter. The couple have been living together for four years and only live five mins drive from the mother, so I didn't really feel that anyone had lost anything.
Sheila.

but I find a bit of humor in the lady who is losing her only daughter at the wedding? Goodness.........living five miles away from her......what else could she want? :lol:

Yeah Sunny, I wonder what reaction she'll have when they make her a grandmother, sheesh.

Sheila.