Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gas.....$22.00......Food and drink.....$10.00......A beautiful day...

Dan-MO

Spent afield with my son........priceless!

Daylight this morning found me and my son beating the brush on a frosty river bottom. We were determined to bring home the meat and both of us were armed with scatter guns, small game licenses, and even duck stamps. With nearly every small game critter including ducks and geese in season, our motto today was "If it's brown, it's down....If it flys, it dies!"

We took turns being the "dog" in the briar patches attempting to flush a rabbit or quail out to the other.....burned a few shells at some mallards without touching a feather....burned a few more at rabbits and quail with limited success.....walked off our Thanksgiving dinner.....Ate our lunch sitting on a log in the middle of the woods and returned home in the evening briar scratched, totally exhausted (speaking for myself) and completely contented.

It was the first time I have done this type hunting for many years....I found out the rabbits run faster,the quail fly quicker,the walking is harder and the hills are steeper than they used to be.Our total take for the day......Danny bagged 1 rabbit and I managed to find 2 quail dumb enough to fly into my shotgun's pattern....What a feast we will have!:lol: I have been on many hunts when more and bigger game was taken......I can't remember one I enjoyed more!

n/t

n/t

Besides that boy, I was RIGHT THAR with you...so much so my toes were freezin'!

I know what you mean by the critters movin' a lot faster these days. I have noticed that my front sight is much fuzzier these days...must get out the file again. :lol:

You made me hungry for a big bunch of quail. It's been a long time since I've had any. I have always said that if a guy could figure out how to raise 5-pound quail, he'd be a rich, rich man.

Thanks for taking your time to share such a delightful story with us!!! <><

aj