Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garys Field Test

christian_99

Most of you know that I research my detectors as well as the sites that I hunt and truly appreciate honesty, integrity, and good collaboration on any machine that I use. In the past few years, some of the sites that I hunt in the East Coast are similar to that of sites as frequented by our distant cousins across the pond. It was posted a few weeks back that Garys of UK was going to do a field test of the unit and report back mid to late January. This has been done and his field test is HONEST, and not one paid for by the company or anyone else. You all might be very surprised as well as pleased as this field test is verifying what we all have been writing on this thread. Note***In keeping with the honesty factor, I must admit a few weeks ago I was thinking of selling this unit as I wasn't too impressed with the depth and operation of this machine, however more field usage, and settings exploration have made me change my mind and hold on to this machine. Obviously, the more you use a machine the better you get with it and in this case, this machine is no different! If you have followed any of the posts that I have made throughout the years, you will see my posts on the Explorer forum, and then the Tesoro forum where I first gave the Cibola some bad reviews as well, then that wonderful light bulb, or the actualization of an Epiphany went off and I found out what settings were right for me. At that moment, "BOOM" finds start doubling or tripling! The same holds true for the T2. It is definitely a keeper and the amount of settings one can use are actually tremendous, easy to get too and the list goes on. Here is the link for Garys field test. Again, he is a well respected and knowledgeable individual who has no ulterior motive and is straight up! http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/teknetics_t2.htm

I always thought that Gary would do a honest and truthful field test just as he has as with many other detectors over the years.:clapping:

Its nice to see him getting some deserved thanks.:thumbup:

Well done and it would be nice to see you do the same with the F75 when it arrives.:beers:Jerry.

If Fisher or any other company wants me to review their machine, I will gladly do it and list the pro's/con's and all of the other stuff that is normally observed. Fortunately, my test grounds have been pounded through the years and only the best machine actually wins- truly as based upon settings, patterns used, on the field deductions, and many other variables. If the Fisher machine gets initial good readings, then more than likely I will try it and give it a whirl. My key purpose is trying to save history before it is destroyed forever.

Thanks for posting gary's link, Excellent source on the T-2.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Great post and they have some bad ground out there. I think the T2 is becoming a classic because the ground we relic hunt in only gets worse when it rains and the iron leaks. And then when the ground gets hard the iron changes again. Add years to that and you don't have the same ground. So the ground the dirt is always changing. We went detecting one cold morning and the ground had some moisture on it as the sun came out and the ground warmed our readings changed. We had to change how we detected and got less hits. When it was about 2:00 in the PM the ground changed again. It is like the ground is alive and I don't mean the worms. Anyone notice that?

I agree, I thought it was a very good report and didn't find any thing that I disagreed with. I'm looking forward to the F75 report, not that I'm like other people that can go out a buy a new detector to try out. So the T2 is mine for the long haul. I'm sorry Explorer XS you just have to wait you turn, if you get one. Happy hunting.

just wait until he's had it a few months :rofl:
Gary's been around for years and his reviews have always been honest ..... I just wonder what took him so long to find a T2!!!

that guys that post tests would state unequivocably how much iron they are dealing with. Phrases like iron contaminated.. moderate iron and so forth mean nothing!

How does that big coil do around an old homesite where if you are in all metal its nearly a solid wall of iron sounds? I understand the need for using single tone and a disc setting in the 20's as thats how I run my single tone Fishers in those conditions. If ya don't you are missing stuff for sure, don't kid yourselves guys. We all know why the T2 has a big coil for stock as it apparently is very deep in pasture but just how deep can that coil actually see and signal on non-ferrous in the heavy iron infested areas?

Tom