Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett pro pointer video

SloDave

Asked this on another forums thought i would get more opinions..

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUlewb1xGN8

Now tell me what you think... Anyone perm attack a coin to the spot? What if any are the cons to doing this to a pro pointer..

Thanks.

:usaflag:Someone else here mentioned taping a coin or other metal object to the shaft to get this result. I guess as long as it does'nt affect battery life it's a neat concept. Will definately try it with mine...thanks.

The problem with taping a coin to the shaft is you will have to take if off and go through the process every time the unit is turned on.

interesting...but i thought were using the pin pointer after weve pinpointed a target from our machine?the pin pointer is a digging tool to help us just locate said target in the klump of dirt or so..as were usually just trying to see were we need to scratch the dirt a bit more?im not looking for allot of depth when useing my pinpointer im just wanting to locate it....??jmho..
have fun
john

thanks for avery interesting tip i,ll have to try it on those mystery holes were targets seem to dissapear may be just a tad deeper

On the comment about not looking for a lot of depth on a pinpointer, I have to mention that I've used several that were just adequate, barely, and I prefer a reach of 2 inches or MORE although I can see where too much could be a problem as well. I've read about the technique just described and it seems pretty useful to me. I don't have a pro pointer so don't know if a coin can be taped on without needing to be reset each time the pointer is turned on or not, but seems to me to be the only drawback if it's so.
BB

I nabbed a ProPointer early on and experimented on how to make 'great' just a tad 'greater.'

SloDave said:
Now tell me what you think... Anyone perm attack a coin to the spot? What if any are the cons to doing this to a pro pointer.
No, I don't tape anything to my ProPointer because the object can get moved, the tape can wear down, some diminished battery strength might affect the performance, etc., etc.

What I use, when I feel the urge to use the ProPointer a lot, is to place a junk costume ring on my right index finger between the fingernail and the first joint. then, if I feel I need to goose up the performance, I just position my finger just to the point of instable chirping and gently back it off just a titch. It works great.

Monte

I don't know if this would work for the Propointer, but I do the same thing with my Harbor Freight pinpointer.
First I removed the push button switch and replaced it with a toggle switch. Then I took a paper clip and wrapped a rubber band around it to secure it to the shaft. I then turn on the pinpointer and slide the paper clip downt he shaft until the pinpointer goes off and then back the paperclip off until the pinpointer silences. Once I turn off the pinpointer I just slide the paperclip back up the shaft.

I was ready to buy a Pistol Probe due to the depth until I found out it doesn't have a vibration mode and in some light, led's are hard to see. I prefer and use headphones that seal outside noise very well and for me a pinpointer HAS to have vibration.
BB

I do a lot of shallow searches (4" or less) in sports fields mainly looking for jewelry. I have found I can gain extra depth by pressing the propointer into the sod with a "little" pressure. Instead of swiping it, I just press it around and objects that were out of reach of its standard range will signal when the propointer is over them. I get around 4" depth on a coin sized object without using the trick. Even for deeper objects, this procedure works in the bottom of the hole. I think the propointer couples with the object better by direct contact with the earth.

That was what sold me too. From using the Pro Pointer I can say that it's build and weatherproofing is a really nice feature.

It is generally deep enough for me. I have used the coin trick for more depth and will probably build a little metal slide I saw another do in order to have a coin handy so to speak. (They used some plastic zip ties and put a little metal slider piece between them to use as a replacement for a coin.) Hope that made sense, hard to describe.

Thanks, I will try that. Wonder how that could work though???