Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett GTI 2500 Pro

jammed

Hi all.....I do not have a metal detector yet but doing as much research as I can before hand. I do know I should get a machine with very little learning curve "keep it simple stupid".....but have the opportunity to purchase a Garrett GTI Pro for $500 that was used 3 times......included in the package is

GTI 2500 Metal Detector
12.5" PROformance Imaging Searchcoil
9.5" Super Deep Imaging Searchcoil
Garrett Supreme Padded Carrying Bag
Garrett Headphones
VHS Instructional Video
Owner's Manual
Warranty Card

Good deal or will this be way over my head at this point?

jammed said:
Hi all.....I do not have a metal detector yet but doing as much research as I can before hand. I do know I should get a machine with very little learning curve "keep it simple stupid".....but have the opportunity to purchase a Garrett GTI Pro for $500 that was used 3 times......included in the package is

GTI 2500 Metal Detector
12.5" PROformance Imaging Searchcoil
9.5" Super Deep Imaging Searchcoil
Garrett Supreme Padded Carrying Bag
Garrett Headphones
VHS Instructional Video
Owner's Manual
Warranty Card

Good deal or will this be way over my head at this point?

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/hbby_gti2500_key.htm

That's a fabulous deal. Yes, the GTI 2500 detector does have a learning curve to it with all of it's useful features, however, you can learn it in stages. For example, just use it in coins mode with the sensitivity set at a moderate level, say at 5. Dig only the shallow targets, 2" or less. Probe the targets first with a probe or screwdriver. You can easily retrieve these by just popping them out with the screwdriver. This will familiarize yourself with how the pinpointing feature works, the weight & balance of the machine, the tones, how to probe accurately, the depth readings and so on. You can progress next to the relic mode, while increasing the sensitivity. Eventually, progress up to the true all metal mode where you will get surprisingly amount of depth. You may also consider getting an electronic probe such as the Pro-Pointer, to help pinpoint your shallow targets, or find where they are in a hole, so you don't scratch them.

If you turn it down, I would gladly step up to the plate to buy it at that price.

Blow is a pic of the face, which can be programmed to accept/reject any target you desire. This is my favorite setting for coins and jewelery where I live.

n/t

I want to thank everyone who responded. I guess I was worried about the learning curve and being a beginner and all that entails. After looking at the cost of a new one I knew it was a good deal but guess I wanted comfirmation from the "experts" compared to me on here.....thanks again

n/t

I couldn't agree more. Get the GTI 2500. There is a learning curve in order to learn ALL of the many functions of this detector. However, you can take it out of the box, as a novice, turn it on and go. It begins in the factory set "coins" mode. You can start hunting for coins and jewelry like this immediately. Then, after you get some more time on the machine, you can begin playing around with all the different options available. Feel free to ask for advice at any time. There are many knowledgeable folks on this forum that are more than happy to help. Welcome. Happy Hunting!:)