Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett grand master hunter cx3

The GMH CXIII was Garretts flagship model in the late 80's-90's. It was one of the best on the market if you could stand the odd ergonomics.
It was Charles Garretts personal favorite for a long time.

I never got a lot of use from mine, as I turn-around sold it right after getting it.

If I had another one, I would:

Turn OFF the "Treasure Talk" and run it hot like any GTA detector.
DISC to include everything but the first one or two segments.
SENS as high as you can run it.
AUDIO TONES selected.
VOLUME as high as tolerable.
THRESHOLD at the barest minimum.

At one time I had a CX II that I DID use a lot. It was an analog based detector, next below the CXIII in the line. It lacked the GTA display and the "talking" features, but was otherwise the equal of the GMH. I found it to be deep and very capable. Im certain the CXIII will serve you well.

Great machine!:thumbup:One of my favorites!:garrett::detecting:I hope ya got a PowerMaster model, because they get better depth than the original. The original CXIII ain't no slouch, though!:wiggle:

Here's a link to the field test report from Lost Treasure Magazine online for the original non-PowerMaster model:
http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/garrett-electronics-grand-master-hunter-cx-iii

Here's a link to the Field test report from Lost Treasure Magazine online for the PowerMaster model:
http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/garrett-grand-master-hunter-cx-iii

Here's a link to the owner's manual:
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/Grand-Master-Hunter-CX-lll.pdf

Feel free to ask for advice at anytime!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

A neighbor loaned me a GMH CXIII that hasn't been used in years. Several battery box terminals are corroded, but I'm getting about 8.5 volts out of the new batteries. Still can't get the machine to light up. Any serious suggestions?

I would like to buy Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII.Offers send to the E-mail: evgenii-715-70@mail.ru

Windsurferbay said:
A neighbor loaned me a GMH CXIII that hasn't been used in years. Several battery box terminals are corroded, but I'm getting about 8.5 volts out of the new batteries. Still can't get the machine to light up. Any serious suggestions?
The terminals need to be cleaned and check to see if power is getting past the terminals to the circuit board.Clean those terminals up and it may just fire up.