Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett AT Pro stopped working

Jeff Calzarette

I went on a 10 day detecting trip, first day at beach (Miami FL) found 60+ coins, 3 keys and misc. junk in 2 or 3 hours. Went back second day and the AT Pro would not work, changed batts. checked cables. It makes a cracking sound in the headphones and screen does not come completely on when I turn on the machine. Very disappointed waited a whole year for this vacation, stayed in 4 different parts of FL. so I could detect different areas and dead machine on day 2. Anyone have an ideas before I send it in for repair?

Jeff Calz. disappointed in CT.

Boy....double check the pins on the connectors.

Have seen 1 pin get bent over a few times now (both the coil and headphone connectors) on a few peoples machines. Hard to notice sometimes.

Also check the battery holder. I've seen a couple of them crack and not make good connections anymore.
Seen it get put in backwards too, although its not supposed to fit, it will if you force it.
Seen the batteries get put in the holder wrong too. Seen 1 battery get turned wrong or just low/bad.

Did you take it in the water?
Was it a hot day?
Submerge the housing?
Did you slowly cool it down if you did submerge it?
Try it without headphones it they are connected.
Try it without the coil and headphones connected to see if it will even power on correctly.
Take the batteries out and let it set for a few minutes.
Try a fresh set of batteries.
Try holding the power button for 5+ seconds to reset it to factory defaults.

It sounds like you may have gotten water in the unit. Send it back to Garrett, they have one of the best warranties on the planet. I have owned Garrett's that I bought second and third hand well out of warranty and they repaired it or tuned it and sent it back without charge even for shipping back to me. This makes Garrett tops in my book.

mike