Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GARRETT AT PRO headphone high pitch hum. HELP

tarajudy

Just got a new set of GARRETT water proof headphones. when I plug them into my AT PRO they give off a high pitch hum. tried everything I think. my regular ones are fine they came with the AT PRO. HELP?

I guess the hum is constant? Make sure the connection to the detector is tightened down nice and snug. Might loosen the connection a little and give it a couple of good pushes as you retighten the connection. No joy still, I would call the dealer and or Garrett. Doesn't sound right, for sure. Good luck. HH jim tn

...I'd do like what Jim said..
That little plug is one sensitive thing to get right, especially with that O-ring....make sure the pins are aligned, then gently push, wiggle and tighten, keep doing that until you cant push, tighten or wiggle it anymore...just ever so gently and a little at a time though...If all else fails, contact Garrett..
Mud

When I got my ATP the stock headphones were doing that right out of the box. Garrett sent me different headphones and it was still happening. I sent the detector back to garrett and they replaced some parts , turned out to be the detector not the phones. Does your only do that with the waterproof phones and not the stock ones ?

Call Garrett 1 800 527 4011. There was a similar issue with the Ace 250 some years back. It turned out that all Aces emitted a high pitch, but only certain individuals had the ability to actually hear it. :)