Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett 1500, Whites DFX, or Fisher ?

Mac _ Park

I have been reading forums for weeks trying to find a new detector. I have gone thru most of the Garrett's lot since 1977. I have been hearing alot about the detailing and depth of the Fishers and I like the Warranty. I'm primarily a coin hunter and I'm looking for the best coin shooter (ring discriminator) out there. CAN ANYONE give me a little hope ?

in the order of the best to adequate:

1. Fisher CZ5 = hip mountable, great depth, also has a salt water mode for beach hunting, jewelry & relic hunting as well

2. Fisher CZ70 = hip mountable, great depth, also salt water mode for beach hunting, Jewelry & relic hunting as well.

3. Tesoro Cortes = great little coin shooter, good depth, very light weight, but not real good around salt water or wet ground period.

4. Fisher Coinstrike = Great coin machine as well as jewelry & beach hunting with salt mode. But has a prety good learning curve of anywhere from 25 - 40 hours. Plus it tends to suffer from electrical
intereference more so then any of the above detectors.

5. Garrett GT&i 1500 = Great machine and one of my favorite coin hunters especially with the small scorcher coil. I love that imaging feature. It will keep you from diggin a lot of junk, but then again if you rely on it to heavily, you might miss some good targets. Depth on the GT&i is very good and I would say comparible to the CZ5 at least in my soil, but some have complained of lack of depth with it, but I haven't had that problem.

6. Minelab Xterra series detectors are great, light weight and easy to use. The features and price are dependant on what you want to use it for. But the latest addition, the XT70 has a beach mode as well. They have great depth, which I would say is equal to the CZ5.

I'm also currently using a T2, but I can't really speak on how good or bad the machine is yet, since I've only use it for about an hour or so.

These are just some of the ones that I have used and am familiar with, but there are others which I'm sure are great machines as well, but I can't really speak on them since I have never used them.

But, good luck,
MIke

Probably the best coin and ring shooter out there in user friendly fashion is the GTI 1500.
DFX is a love hate situation with many and has many changeble facets and has a long learning period.
Now if your after deep coins would feel the CZ is the way to go preferably a digital version with good notch abilities...as they like gold rings also.

I use a DFX & a Fisher CZ7a pro & like them both. Depends where I am detecting as to which one I will use. I am just using them for coins/rings

Sounds Great! Would you put the 3D in with the CZ5?? I have had good luck with it..and love it being small for the areas that I get into!!
The fisher is great..YOU DON"T NEED ALL THAT OTHER CRAP ON SOME MACHINES! I'm finding 300 to 900 year old coins easy with my CZ!

loved our 2 we had a number of years ago as well as the Gti2500. Excellent depth and the ID was about spot on, you knew 95% of the time what was under the coil. Now that was while living in Western New York, came to Georgia and the 1500 we brought with us, was now a terrible working machine, lost about 75% of its original depth capacity and the ID'ing had problems. So it could be a great machine in one area and a mchine no one owns in another.

I had a CZ5 at one point that was mainly used as a relic machine, excellent machine, loves silver coins or nickles on edge.

Had a Cortes and it was a very capable machine up north at the same time I had White's MXT. They were comparable in depth an sensitivity. I ended up selling the Cortes only because it did not have manual ground balance in disc. mode, we were moving to Ga and the possibilty of going prospecting--MXT had prospecting mode.

I think the best machine I found for coins and relics for GA is the detector made by Fisher for Troy--Shadow X-5. Great depth and sensitivity to small stuff. When using, it reminds me of the Fishers I have owned. Find a hot rock, easy to determine with a flick of a switch. No problem finding coins on edge.

enhancement mode. Which moves some targets into the Hi tone. You will just dig considerably more trash with the CZ3d in the enhanced mode then you will with the CZ5. Now, the 3d in salt mode is a CZ5 in the salt mode. Depth is the same on both machines.

the GT&i's as well as the Cortes and most any machines worked great, even the cheaper Bounty Hunters got pretty good depth here and ID's were pretty accurate.

The X5 is one of the best machines made as well as the X3 for a none ID machine. I have seen them in action during a couple of comp beach hunts and man they were at home on the beach just like the Fisher CZ's and Coinstrike.

I love the GT&i series, but it would depend where I lived on whether or not I would own one. Now, here, it's a great machine and works very well even on the beach. It does tend to false a little in the wet sand, but dropping the sensitivity helps with that.