Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett 1500 imaging

passfinder

I just got a new garrett detector, I use to use a DFX man its very hard to learn,
don't know if i am going to keep it or sell it.any way I'm new to the garrett forum,
can any one tell me if the garrett 1500 is a good detector, I had a ADS-7 master Hunter
boy it dug deep, i hope its the same with the new one!!!:rage:

The GTI 1500 is an excellent coin and jewellry finder. Once you learn the imaging and it's limitations, you are going to find many more coins then your previous detectors. As far as depth goes, that will depend on the area you use it in. The GTI 1500 can keep up with a lot of the "BIG BOYS" out there. Let us know how you make out and if you needany information....just "ask" :).

You can get other peoples reaction to the 1500 by visiting www.metaldetectorreviews.net.
I have never used one but from my reading it is a good machine.
Good Luck
Robert R

Here are a couple of reviews for you to scan
Good Luck to you!!!
Robert R

AZ Bob in Flagstaff, AZ -
When I rc'vd my GTI 1500 I was a bit skeptical about the imaging feature. The idea sounded good but would it really work and be a valuable asset? I took it to a nearby wooded area near a park I've hunted in the past with limited success due to the large volume of trash. Lots and lots of screw caps and pull tabs old and new. The best I've done in the past using a Fisher 1236x2, Tesoro Toltec II, and a Minelab X70 is two memorial cents I found with the Fisher. Again, most of my poor luck was due to the abundance of trash.
Within 10 mins. of hunting with the Garrett GTI 1500, I rec'vd a repeatable Belltone. Using the imaging feature it showed a coin sized object at 3 inches. It turned out to be a 1950 silver dime!!! Further searching resulted in my uncovering a memorial penny. There is no question that the imaging feature feature worked as advertized and saved me a lot time from digging all the trash I've dug in the past. It was fooled a few times like all TIDs. But over all, I don't know how I will ever be able to hunt without the imaging feature.
I not only love the imaging feature, but also the ability for me to sweep eaither fast or slow without a reduction in performance. I also love the FAST recovery time of this Detector. I can't report on the overall depth capabilities of this detector, but here in AZ, most targets are not beyond 6 inches so I'm sure it will be more than adequate. I have read reports of finds at impressive depths with the 1500 but I always feel depth is often determined by the target, soil conditions, as well as the experience of the user.
I also enjoy the simplicity of using the GTI 1500.

A factor a lot of buyers don't give much consideration to is how well the detector fits there personality and style of hunting. I once owned a Minelab Quattro. I was amazed at some of the deeper targets I found with it. But the slow sweep speed and slow recovery of this detector drove me nutts. I'm not knocking the Quattro, I'm just making a point that it did not suit my personality where as the GTI fits me perfectly.

Thank you Mr. Garrett for a wonderful detector. By the way, I am not a dealer.
May 10, 2007
14 people found this review helpful.

Mike in Central Florida -
This is my first Garrett detector to date. I presently own a Fisher CZ5, CZ70, C$ and a little over a month ago I traded a CZ3d for a GTI1500 because I always wanted to try one and I never looked back or regretted the trade for a minute.

I went from diggin trash on a consistant basis with the CZ3d to only diggin trash if I chose to with the 1500. The first time out with the 1500, I dug like 25 targets and only two were trash targets. The only reason I dug the two trash targets were to see how accurate the ID was and it was right on the money so to speak.

I find the GTI1500 to be ruggedly built, with a very appealing display. I have tested the 1500 against the CZ5, with equal results in the depth department in coin mode. In jewelry mode, which is an inch or two deeper, it was closer to the depth of the CZ70. But even in relic mode, it wasn't quite as deep as the Coinstrike, but very close though.

I have heard that the 1500 doesn't get very good depth, but here in Florida, I find this not to be true, especially in Jewelry or relic mode. I think coin mode maxes out at around 8 inches.

NOW the imaging feature is worth its weight in coins. It will keep you from diggin a lot of trash, unless your looking for jewelry or nickels, unfortunately, there is no magical feature to keep from diggin pulltabs when you looking for nickels or jewelry, but if there is, I bet Garrett will come up with it. Now the imaging feature is pretty accurate within the first 4-5", but after that, its not totally reliable. Which is no problem because I dig most targets that are 6" and deeper anyway.

The only improvements I would suggest is, switch over to the 9 volt system, which will help on the weight because the 1500 isn't real light, matter of fact, it seems to weigh more then my Fishers , but I suspect that its because of the design of the unit rather then the weight itself. You can hip mount the battery pod, but it kind of gets in the way. Come out with a molded Imaging coil which will give less falsimg when the coil is bumped. Also a manual ground balance would be nice for extra depth.

With all that being said, if you want one heck of a coin shooter that will give the CZ5 a run for its money then grab a GTI1500, you won't be disappointed and will enjoy using it. Its one of the most fun detectors that I have ever used.
Nov 26, 2005
22 people found this review helpful.

Mike in Central Florida -
This is my first Garrett detector to date. I presently own a Fisher CZ5, CZ70, C$ and a little over a month ago I traded a CZ3d for a GTI1500 because I always wanted to try one and I never looked back or regretted the trade for a minute.

I went from diggin trash on a consistant basis with the CZ3d to only diggin trash if I chose to with the 1500. The first time out with the 1500, I dug like 25 targets and only two were trash targets. The only reason I dug the two trash targets were to see how accurate the ID was and it was right on the money so to speak.

I find the GTI1500 to be ruggedly built, with a very appealing display. I have tested the 1500 against the CZ5, with equal results in the depth department in coin mode. In jewelry mode, which is an inch or two deeper, it was closer to the depth of the CZ70. But even in relic mode, it wasn't quite as deep as the Coinstrike, but very close though.

I have heard that the 1500 doesn't get very good depth, but here in Florida, I find this not to be true, especially in Jewelry or relic mode. I think coin mode maxes out at around 8 inches.

NOW the imaging feature is worth its weight in coins. It will keep you from diggin a lot of trash, unless your looking for jewelry or nickels, unfortunately, there is no magical feature to keep from diggin pulltabs when you looking for nickels or jewelry, but if there is, I bet Garrett will come up with it. Now the imaging feature is pretty accurate within the first 4-5", but after that, its not totally reliable. Which is no problem because I dig most targets that are 6" and deeper anyway.

The only improvements I would suggest is, switch over to the 9 volt system, which will help on the weight because the 1500 isn't real light, matter of fact, it seems to weigh more then my Fishers , but I suspect that its because of the design of the unit rather then the weight itself. You can hip mount the battery pod, but it kind of gets in the way. Come out with a molded Imaging coil which will give less falsimg when the coil is bumped. Also a manual ground balance would be nice for extra depth.

With all that being said, if you want one heck of a coin shooter that will give the CZ5 a run for its money then grab a GTI1500, you won't be disappointed and will enjoy using it. Its one of the most fun detectors that I have ever used.
Nov 26, 2005
22 people found this review helpful.
:

The 1500 is about the best coinshooter out there as that is what it was designed for. Once you learn its quirks you'll love it. Got a dead-on pinpoint.

Bill