Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GARRETT 1500 beats THE DFX

passfinder

I went to a old school i use to go, I took my 1500 that i only had for about 4-5 months,THE
dfx about a year!well started hunting with the garrett hour are so,came up with some silver,alot of clad,even a buss token. STARTED hunting with the DFX,found one dime and 2 pennies,spent the same amount of time, I put a silver dime in a hole i dug about 8inches!!
THE GARRETT picked it up no problem at all in the coin and jewelery:garrett: mode.THE DFX well i put it in the jewelery mode and nothing at all happen. I made sure the disc, was the same.THE garrett is the better detector,fair and square!!

n/t

detecting different areas with different detectors is stretching it. Do the same areas and see if both detectors find the same target. I don't doubt that the 1500 is a better machine, what you posted about the hunt part wouldn't sway me about either machine. The dime in the hole is better is a better test but are the settings equivalent. Thanks for doing a comparison though.

I did a similar test with my 9.5" coil vs. 12.5" , I went over an area and flagged all targets. The results however were not clear cut except for pinpointing with the 9.5" was easier. Biggest problem was I was new to the machine and I should try it again.