Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garden test inside

kevinslack

i know this isn't much of a garden to test in, but snowing outside and i wanted to play with the tones. this pot is 11 inches deep and i packed the dirt down good on top of a silver quarter. in the coin program i couldn't pick it up. but went into a open screen and picked it up good. but it was way down at the bottom of the screen. i think i will start hunting with a open screen and tone hunt only. here's the pictures

You will get a different effect doing that test indoors around all your electrical and metal objects in your home. You will also get better results on old coins that have been buried in the ground for a long period of time. I think the machine will operate better with some discrimination rather than none, and I believe this is discussed in Andy's book. Good way to get some practice and pass some time with the inclement weather.

BCOOP

I am not an expert, but I am suspecious about the high Fe reading. The 35 tells me you are reading someting else, the 40 looks close. I can understand your frustration about being snowed in.

There is no "Hallo Effect," doing it like that, so your numbers will be off. When weather permits, put a test garden in your back yard and let it sit for about six months and then try it. HH...Jesse.

Hey Kevin,

Would you pm me if you see anything like silver sprouting up in a week or so. I've got a silver morgan dollar I've been thinking about trying to get started....:rofl:

NebTrac

I like your idea of how to do a test garden in winter. I saw that and said, Why didn't I think of that.

Is that pot sitting on a concrete slab?

My E-Trac will start picking up rebar in the slab if it gets within a foot of it. My slab reads 33-45. :detecting:

n/t

Good for you! What others said is all valid, indoors interference, halo, etc, but hey, it's something to do! It must not be easy just looking at your detector with no place to swing! In the meantime if you haven't already done so you might watch a couple of vids online? At least you'll hear the sounds and may get some pointers.

This guy has some good ones where he explains the E-Trac a bit. http://www.youtube.com/user/neswiper

Although he swings an SE the sounds are similar, but mostly I just like to watch his excitement when he digs! http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,961959,page=1 (about half way down on the first page)

Theres a lot more too like mlotv.com... just do a search! And I hope it thaws enough for you to get out soon!