Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gamma 6000 ?

Hi bluehazeman,

Go to page 2 and look at the thread called "omega" by shenandoah digger. The Gamma is discussed by BuckeyeBrad and compared to the Omega. From what I have seen the Gamma is comparable in performance to the Omega. Read the threads on the Omega to learn about the Gamma. I have the Omega and love it but i am not as experienced as some of the people that posted on the Gamma and Omega. BuckeyeBrad seems to have the most experience with the Gamma and hopefully he will jump in and help you.

blacktoe

n/t

The Gamma is a great "little" detector! I only use the term "little" because of it's price and the fact that it's weight and balance has to be experienced to believe. The depth is comparable to the Omega which is in turn very close to the T-2 on low conductors and even a little better on high conductors. Speed is T-2 like. The part of the comparisons that are presently incomplete in the consumer field is the fact that all three come with a different stock coil. With the big DD due out any day now, I'm confident the depth and performance of the Titaniums will be improved even more. With that in mind, and depending on your needs, having the option of running DD's or concentrics when using the Titaniums might be advantageous over the "DD only status" of the T-2. The all metal audio of the Gamma/Omega is a little different than the T-2 given that the threshold adjusts in conjunction with the sensitivity, and at first I was suspicious of that but after a lot of field time of using the Titaniums and the T-2 to check the same targets, I've not been able to find any apparent difference in both systems being able to hear a target. Also I would think the fact that there are 400 ferrous points of resolution with the Gamma/Omega might serve you well in England hunting. The street price here on the Gamma is $499. Without throwing any specific similarly priced competitors' units under the bus (most of which I've owned) I'd take the Gamma or Omega over anything in their respective price points and then some. JMHO

thanks guys Brad and bigtoe , good tip on Omega post and very good write up on this machine Brad, it sounds like just what the Dr ordered = light and fairly deep and fast+ for a change we in the UK are not getting robbed on the price, and i take it the DD coil is the better one ( no SEF yet ?) all in all it sounds great, with good balance too, many thanks from sunny :ukflag: and cheers:cheers: Serena has done it for the US now it`s down to rocket Roddick.:thumbup:

I am glad that we could help a friend from across the pond bluehazeman. Cheers to you.:beers:

blacktoe aka bigtoe